replacement crank decals? Or sprucing up a plain crank

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

davidalone

by davidalone

So I've bought a 2nd hand quarq s975 which has suffered some crankarm rub. the crankarms are now all black with the decals having been rubbed off. functionally ti works great but aesthe tically my bike looks abit strange with an entirely black crank ( it has sram red black chainrings mounted.) and it's a far cry from the K force crank it replaced.

Is there any way to spruce up a crank which looks abit tired? Maybe replacemnt crank decals, colored chainring bolts?

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

NiFTY

by NiFTY

I would just leave it personally. I am not a fan, once again, just personally, of coloured chainring bolts and with that version of the quarq I believe it may affect your calibration and it to be returned to the factory as the torque value of the new chainring bolts will be slightly different. It will be tricky to find some replacement S950 decals but there are other "SRAM" decals on ebay. Good luck.
Evo 4.9kg SL3 6.64kg Slice RS 8.89kg viewtopic.php?f=10&t=110579" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

davidalone

by davidalone

It's got s950 arms but a riken spider, so changing chainring bolts wont affect calibration.