Charger problem - Campagnolo EPS.

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

Nejmann

by Nejmann

I just got campagnolo eps v1 on my bike. And when i start to charge it, the green and orange light lights, and after 2 min, they turn of and the green one flashes? Is that normal? In the manual it says the green light and orange should light all the time when you charge?

Hope you can help me :? :wink:

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

audiojan

by audiojan

Green indicates front derailleur fault and the red (which is the one I believe you refer to as orange) is the system interface fault.

Insert the magnet to shut the system down, and check each and every connection, it may need to be taken apart and reassembled again. If all that fails, call Campagnolo customer service.
"Suddenly the thought struck me; my floor is someone elses ceiling" - Nils Ferlin

Butcher
Shop Owner

by Butcher

My experience with the v1 power unit is that the first batch had issues. I had one of the first ones and it took some time to find out the power unit was NFG. After a new unit, it was all perfect. Lots of blinking lights and lots of not shifting correctly.

Nejmann

by Nejmann

It's the interface i mean? It's orange now, but i can't charge it to green.. I rode the bike today, and it rides as it should :-) and there are no blinking lights on the battery/powerunit.. it's just that when i push the bottom for battery life time it's orange.. But on the charger it self, there are a no light, and the green one is just flashing, i don't think i work :-) When you charge your v1, didn't the green and orange light all the time?

Nejmann

by Nejmann

on the charger i self.

choctop

by choctop

hi there, any update on this problem?

i seem to have the same issue - plugged in charger to wall and to bike, turned it on and the green light and orange (amber/red, whatever you call it) light was on the batter charger itself, while the DTI had a orange steady light (indicating charging). but after a while, only the green light was blinking on the battery charger (no light on the DTI). i have unplugged it from the bike and the green light on the battery charger continues to blink. plugged it back to the bike and still the same thing (blinking green light on battery charger), the DTI doesnt light up either (i assume that means it not charging).

RECORD EPS on an SL4 Roubaix S-Works frame.

Tumppi

by Tumppi

It's normal. I have had EPS SR over two years now and when started charging, first green and orange light are on, but after few minutes light turn blinking green. (charging)

Interface unit lights tell you what is the charging level of the battery. When charge completet interface light is (solid) green and charger light is also (solid) green without blinking.

Nejmann

by Nejmann

Tumppi wrote:It's normal. I have had EPS SR over two years now and when started charging, first green and orange light are on, but after few minutes light turn blinking green. (charging)

Interface unit lights tell you what is the charging level of the battery. When charge completet interface light is (solid) green and charger light is also (solid) green without blinking.

The charger didn't work, and i got a new one :-) everything is fine now. Thank you

choctop

by choctop

Tumppi - the blinking light im referring to is on the battery charger itself, the one with the 'lightning bolt' symbol. When i plug in the battery charger to the power socket (without connecting to the bike), the lightning bolt symbol blinks faded green. i believe it should be a solid green.

Nejmann - yes i took the battery charger back to the dealer and got a new one. it was clearly a faulty charger. All is well now - thanks!

rodebaron51

by rodebaron51

Hi,

Maybe you can help me as well...
Have a V2
Wanted to charge my battery.... the charger does not respond at all... no lights and also the EPC control unit on the bike does not lit... so seems no connection or so... the charger plug is 100% sure right and tight into to bike plug...

Maybe Charger unit fuse or so???
Pascal

2012 Colnago C59 MTBK Camapgnolo Hyperon Ultra 2 and Campi SR11
2014 Merida Big 99 CF team fully
2015 Pinarello F8 Sky Campagnolo Bora Utra 2 and Campi SR11 EPS (RIP after crash)
2016 Trek Mad-One Limited Team Edition

rodebaron51

by rodebaron51

Somehow I got no power at all... so no green LED...
Anyway, I eft the charger 60 min alone... tried again and whoppa..... now he's charging... strange....
Pascal

2015 Pinarello F8 Sky Campagnolo Bora Utra 2 and Campi SR11 EPS (RIP after crash)

rodebaron51

by rodebaron51

Pffff was too fast... same problem.... after 60 min rest, she charges for 10 sec or so and the 2 led's blink shortly and then they go out again.... anybody?
Pascal

audiojan

by audiojan

Had the same problem and it was the EPS v1 battery that went dead. The first batch Campy released are a bit more fragile then they should've been. As long as you have the receipt, Campy will replace it with a v2 (or maybe even v3 by now), at least they did for me. If you bought it used, then you're SOL. Just replace it with a v3 (and you'll need a new interface as well).
"Suddenly the thought struck me; my floor is someone elses ceiling" - Nils Ferlin

rodebaron51

by rodebaron51

All brand new bought last year.
I have a V2 now...

Did your bike still work? My bike shifts still... so could it be the battery?
Even without hooking on, the charger has no power led anymore...
Pascal

rodebaron51

by rodebaron51

Just got feedback from Campi NL....
They do not recognize this problem, but probably the charger is defect.
I can send it in and they will send a new one!
Good service (as expected from a super premium brand)!
Pascal

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com