Q-factor of the LOOK ZED 2 crank??

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

snorre

by snorre

I have recently changed from my Rotor 3D crankset to a new LOOK ZED 2, but I feel the pedals are now placed wider than what im used to... I found the q-factor numers to be 149mm for the Rotor cranks, so it would be really helpful if someone here knew the exact numbers for the LOOK cranks? Thx!

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

SpinnerTim

by SpinnerTim

Hi,

Why not measure to determine the precise width of your cranks as installed? If you still have the old crank, measure that one, too.

Do your pedals require spacers to fit flush to the Zed (or your old unit)?

I guess it goes without saying that you didn't change crank length...? The Zed has a few user-configurable lengths, so it's not a given that yours is set to the length you prefer. That could create the impression of a wider Q if set incorrectly.

Best,

Tim

snorre

by snorre

Well, it would be the best to just measure the LOOK cranks I now have on my bike. But I don't know how to measure the q-factor correctly when the bike is installed on the bike.... The whole crank is one-piece, so any suggestion to do an accurate measurement is welcomed ;)

I do not use any spacers on the pedal-axels on my previous Rotor cranks. I have now tired to move the cleats on mye shoes a little bit so the shoes now are positioned more close to the cranks. Feels more alike now. It would just be nice to know the accurate difference between to two cranksets.

TwiggyTN

by TwiggyTN

I can't imagine that Look doesn't provide this info somewhere...

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

mattr

by mattr

I can't believe snorre can't work a tape measure or steel rule!

latman

by latman

just make a pencil mark on a stay and measure to each arm !

bikerjulio

by bikerjulio

With a crank lining up with the seat tube, measure from the center of the seat tube to the outside edge of the crank. Tape measure or steel rule. Multiply the result by 2.

Since the cranks are presumably optimized for a LOOK frame, I'd not be surprised if their Q factor was a little less than an aftermarket crank that has to be able to work with a wide variety of frames.
There's sometimes a buggy.
How many drivers does a buggy have?

One.

So let's just say I'm drivin' this buggy...
and if you fix your attitude you can ride along with me.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GekiIMh4ZkM

jooo

by jooo

bikerjulio wrote:With a crank lining up with the seat tube, measure from the center of the seat tube to the outside edge of the crank. Tape measure or steel rule. Multiply the result by 2.

Splitting hairs here, but this assumes that the cranks are symmetrical which may not be the case.

Check each side individually and add the measurements together.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

HammerTime2
Location: Wherever there's a mountain beckoning to be climbed

by HammerTime2

:exactly: Stages is coming out with a Q factor measuring device. It costs a little over half of competing devices. The device measures center to outside of left crank, then applies an algorithm* to determine Q factor.

* multiply by 2