SRM/FSA 175mm and KCNC

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

mises

by mises

Just got my 175mm SRM/FSA cranks today. Very nice looking and high on the gizmotronic scale but a bit disappointing in the weight department since they came in at 915.7g with FSA 50/34 rings. I may cough up some more money for a 130bcd carbon big ring and put on a TA inner ring and save about 50-60g, but it's still going to be a pig of a crankset compared to my current 510g THM Claviculas.

Also got a 13cm KCNC Sc wing stem recently. 116.2 grams. It's not quite as stiff as the Time Monolink I was using but surprisingly close. I was expecting more squish but it was really hard to feel much difference. Probably helped stiffness that it's 84 degree instead of 80 like the Time so there is less steerer that can flex too. Durability remains to be proven but I was impressed enough I came home after the first ride and cut the steerer down so it will only work with the new stem.

AX Orion brakes are still MIA somewhere in the belly of the USPS beast and if they weren't all better armed than me I would go postal on them. :evil: :evil:

Once they show up I should still wind up under 6kg even with the SRM cranks so I can't get too upset about the weight of them. It does show how ridiculous the current UCI weight limit is though. I feel sorry for Rujano who has to ride a bike that weighs almost as much as he does. :)

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

scottmares

by scottmares

That crank is nice. I am sorry that its not as light as what you wanted. Shold ahave waited 2 months and gotten a Ti version. Sorry :cry:

mises

by mises

For me Ti cranks are on the same list as Al bolts on stems and speedplay pedals: Things that will never be on one of my bikes.

The weight isn't that much more than expected but it's been a long time since I have done anything to one of my bikes that increased the weight. I knew it was going to be a big increase before I ordered but now that it's time to install it just makes me feel so dirty. :shock: