Would you go Rotor 3D or 3DF/+ ?

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

Rotor 3D or 3D+/F

rotor 3D
7%
Rotor3D +
73%
Rotoe3DF
20%

Total votes: 15

davidalone

by davidalone

So the rotor cranks are cool because the UBB lets them be used with literally every BB standard out there- almost. and wityhout the use of clumsy adaptors. I'm thinking about buying a P2M in either a rotor 3D or 3DF/+ . as this is a rather expensive bit of machinery I'd like to 'future proof' it in terms of posssible frame upgrades, so these are attractive because they offer the high chance I'll still be able to use the crank.

the Rotor 3D (24 mm spindle) is compatible with english, italian, BB30, BB90, BB86, PF30, and BBRight PF.
the rotor 3D+/ 3DF (30mm spindle) is compatible with english, italian, BB30, BB86, BBright PF, BBright, BB386EVO.

so the differences in the two are that the 3D supports BB90, white the 3D+/F supports BBright and BB386 EVO. I know this is weightweenies, but weight is probably gonna be insignificant in the discussion here.
which one would you support? why?

davidalone

by davidalone

oops. wrong forum. could a mod move this?

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

964Cup

by 964Cup

Doesn't it depend on what you want it for? I went 3DF for my R3, because I needed BBRight and didn't want to spend the extra for 3D+. I'd have thought either of the BB30 options is a better choice; the 3D+ is the obvious weight-weenie option if money's no object.

wpccrunner
in the industry

by wpccrunner

definitely 3d F/+ BB90 is all you will miss out on and thats only on Treks.