Seatpost suggestions and fitting feedback

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

fa63

by fa63

You are crazy :) but I think you will be happier with the Roubaix fit-wise.

And as mentioned before, I wouldn't go with a Dorico seatpost; I found the clamping mechanism to be sub-par. Maybe a Fizik Cyrano (if you still need to switch out the seatpost on the Roubaix)?

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

CBJ

by CBJ

The Roubaix comes with the one in the picture so it has setback. Its a heavy post so I might change it down the line as it will give me some time to look around. Hopefully I can get the bike to work with the 6 degree 80mm 3T ARX stem so I can keep using my Tillquist Garmin mount.

KWalker

by KWalker

Man, I would not sell or buy a bike until the fit is dialed in. You could easily flip the stem downwards, which would move your hands down an inch and still be fairly upright.
Don't take me too seriously. The only person that doesn't hate Froome.
Gramz
Failed Custom Bike

CBJ

by CBJ

KWalker wrote:Man, I would not sell or buy a bike until the fit is dialed in. You could easily flip the stem downwards, which would move your hands down an inch and still be fairly upright.

The goal was not to get the bar lower but to get it higher???

fa63

by fa63

I think he was saying that the headtube on the Roubaix might be tall enough to allow you to run the stem flipped down and still have the handlebar high enough to suit your needs.

CBJ

by CBJ

Got that makes more sense. I hope to be able to run a 3T 80mm 6 degree stem. The stem that is on there in the picture is from my new mountain bike. Have to measure it all out. There is also a good amount of steer to allow further adjustment too.

KWalker

by KWalker

I get that, but you're acting as if this brand new position is final. You had doubts the bars should even be where they are, but then bought a bike based on that height- it doesn't make sense. Why not get the fit adapted/dialed then assuming that this is it? You didn't like the flipped up stem and spacers on the old bike, which I get, so you get a new one just so you can have less spacers when you don't even know if that amount is final.
Don't take me too seriously. The only person that doesn't hate Froome.
Gramz
Failed Custom Bike

CBJ

by CBJ

Not sure if I explained it the right way but as fa63 knows with the body type I have it makes much more sense with the higher HT. It may sound like its something I rushed into but there is a lot more that goes into than what I have written. I have no doubt the my bar needs to be higher as I have raised the seat up much higher than where I have had since I got the bike. I had gotten used to low seat riding DH and freeriding mtb.