Tarmac SL4 model

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

tkailoon

by tkailoon

It's a 2011 saxobank edition.

Mccaria

by Mccaria

Also - don't forget about the Sl4 fork recall. Need to check whether this was one of the frames covered by the recall and, if it was, have the forks been replaced. I bought a 2012 SL4 frame and took it home the day before Specialized announced the recall !

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

LiKuid

by LiKuid

Mccaria wrote:Also - don't forget about the Sl4 fork recall. Need to check whether this was one of the frames covered by the recall and, if it was, have the forks been replaced. I bought a 2012 SL4 frame and took it home the day before Specialized announced the recall !

Totally forgot about that! This can be checked through the frame's serial number? I don't think we are gonna have an issue as it was bought through our LBS, but should check anyway. Thanks

Mccaria

by Mccaria

From memory it was all the 2012 and 2013 sl4s in issue at the time of the recall. The replacement forks came with a holographic sticker attached.

SLCBrandon

by SLCBrandon

You can also just look down the fork steerer tube to tell if the recall was done on the fork. There is an insert bonded inside the original steerer. As a consequence, the fork will come with a smaller od compression plug.