Catlike chrono TT helmet

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

will102

by will102

Hi,

I am considering getting the catlike chrono aero helmet but im a bit unsure about sizing. The sizes are S 54-56cm and M/L 57-60cm. I have tried measuring my head circumference and im getting around 58cm. I know this would seem like obviously M/L but I have read several reviews for catlike road helmets saying that they run large, with some people fitting helmets listed as several cm smaller. Does anyone have any experience with catlike helmets sizing, or the chrono wt in particular?

Cheers

Will

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

mike
Resident Pro

by mike

Best is to measure your head and then look at the sizing. Hopefully you are using this for a race and not for weekend rides.

mm sare

will102

by will102

As I said in the original post I did measure my head circumference and also mentioned the reason for still asking the question. Why would I be using this for weekend rides? :?

VPR

by VPR

I have the Chrono Aero Plus (2010 model in Cervélo Test Team colours) and the sizing seems correct to me. I also have four Whisper Plus helmets and they also run true to size. There's a small issue with head shape as my head is a bit oval and the helmets are designed for round heads, but removing excess padding in the front helps with the fit.

will102

by will102

Cheers VPR, anyone else got this helmet?

davidalone

by davidalone

I own a warlike whisper plus and they are true to size. Disappointed with the catlike build quality though, it's poor for the cost.

will102

by will102

Ohh what problems have you been having? Any recommendations for any other tt helmets?

VPR

by VPR

The rear retention buckle on my TT helmet broke but fixing it with zip ties was pretty easy.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com