Long legs, short torso - 'race' frame options

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

crewman

by crewman

Parlee makes there frames in to different sizes. Look for the sizing in there "Tall" range.

FYI I'm 185cm tall with 90cm inseam, saddle height 80cm - same problem as you. I bought a LOOK 585 Optimum in 2008. taller HT and short TT. The Parlee sized tall frame is almost he same size as my LOOK.
"It's all about the Tempo"

topflightpro

by topflightpro

Have you considered looking at Women's Specific Frames?

They generally are designed for longer legs, shorter torso. Take a look a look at the Specialized Tarmac vs. Amira. A 54 Tarmac has a 51 ST, 54.8 tt and 14 HT resulting in a stack of 543. A 56 Amira, however, has a 510 ST, 54.8 tt and 16.5 HT resulting in a stack of 564.

And a lot of the current women's models come in rather modest paint jobs, such as black and red - no pink, no flowers...

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Hawkwood

by Hawkwood

crewman wrote:Parlee makes there frames in to different sizes. Look for the sizing in there "Tall" range.

FYI I'm 185cm tall with 90cm inseam, saddle height 80cm - same problem as you. I bought a LOOK 585 Optimum in 2008. taller HT and short TT. The Parlee sized tall frame is almost he same size as my LOOK.

I've taken a look at the Parlee website and they do some really interesting frames, one or two would fit me perfectly, for example the ESX. Only slight problem is the price, one of the framesets I'd be interested in is £3,800 in the UK, ouch!

raymondbroeren

by raymondbroeren

Hawkwood wrote:
crewman wrote:Parlee makes there frames in to different sizes. Look for the sizing in there "Tall" range.

I've taken a look at the Parlee website and they do some really interesting frames, one or two would fit me perfectly, for example the ESX. Only slight problem is the price, one of the framesets I'd be interested in is £3,800 in the UK, ouch!

Just experienced the same… Biking means a lot to me, but EUR 5,000 for just a frame…

Wondering what a Sarto custom made bikes will cost. I guess less than a Parlee. Got no response yet from the Italians.

CharlesM

by CharlesM

Apples Oranges... The Z5 is Parlee's stock frame and comes in different heights through the size run. It's less than half the cost of some of their custom options.

Sarto are fairly economical for custom. You would have to find a dealer, but they're pretty reasonably priced and the quality is very good. I just landed this...

And it's been fantastic... (yes, I have used it while not plugged in to a trainer )

raymondbroeren

by raymondbroeren

@CharlesM:

Trying to make us jealous?

Think you succeeded :)

mspohn

by mspohn

I have a brand new custom Gaulzetti
Corda that may be perfect for you. I had it built for the same issues you are describing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RichTheRoadie
Tinker, Taylor, Tart

by RichTheRoadie

^^ You're selling it? Can't be that old...

Geo and pics?

Hawkwood

by Hawkwood

CharlesM wrote:Apples Oranges... The Z5 is Parlee's stock frame and comes in different heights through the size run. It's less than half the cost of some of their custom options.

It does look like a nice frame, sadly it's £3,099 in the UK, it looks as if it's about £700 cheaper in the States.

raymondbroeren

by raymondbroeren

CharlesM wrote:Apples Oranges... The Z5 is Parlee's stock frame and comes in different heights through the size run. It's less than half the cost of some of their custom options.

Sarto are fairly economical for custom. You would have to find a dealer, but they're pretty reasonably priced and the quality is very good. I just landed this...

And it's been fantastic... (yes, I have used it while not plugged in to a trainer )

You won't believe this. I have been e-mailing the Sarto guys last week as I wanted to know how much their custom frame sets would cost. Unfortunately I got no reaction, so did not consider this as an option, which would get me anywhere. Well, browsing the internet today, appears there to be a LBS less than 10 miles from my place which is a distributor for Sarto in the Netherlands :)

I visited them today and was quite impressed by the bikes in their showroom and the possibilities, like both mechanical/electronic group set compatibility and option to have an ISP (not on all bikes though). Prices were reasonable too. Around Euro 2.600 - Euro 3.000 for a frame set of my choice. Sarto's top model, the Asola (used to be named the Cima Coppi, but exactly the same frame) was elected as test winner by German Tour-Magazin.de; the Asola was around Euro 3,500, which is beyond my budget.

@CharlesM: which model do you have? I guess either the Dinamica or Asola?