HOT: Active* forum members generally gain 5% discount at starbike.com store!
Weight Weenies
* FAQ    * Search    * Trending Topics
* Login   * Register
HOME Listings Articles FAQ Contact About




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 47 posts ] 
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Author Message
PostPosted: Thu Feb 06, 2014 12:09 am 
Offline
in the industry
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jan 23, 2004 6:31 pm
Posts: 337
rheosibal wrote:

carbonLORD wrote:
All ENVE and ENVE wheels (and fork).


That's super tempting. If I change the fork, I'll probably change it to an evo fork, but it's not a necessary upgrade. As for wheels, I was able to order 2014 Zipp 404s for a killer deal so my wheels may mismatch with my cockpit...I don't really mind.


Thats ok, I have both brand wheels and prefer the braking of the 404, and with the 2014 dual cross rear and new hub flange, it should be as stiff as the Enve's.

Sounds like a great build, enjoy!

_________________
carbonLORD.com


Top
 Profile  
 
Posted: Thu Feb 06, 2014 12:09 am 


Top
  
 
PostPosted: Thu Feb 06, 2014 12:55 am 
Offline

Joined: Fri Nov 18, 2011 5:19 am
Posts: 843
rheosibal wrote:
Fantastic! KWalker says that the Evocurce has an annoying backsweep on the top that get's in the way when sprinting. Can you confirm that? Also if you don't mind, can you send me a picture of your setup? I'd love to see that!


I would say the same thing about the Evocurve bars. Some love the sweep but I find it odd. I've got their al bars paired with a C260 stem on my rain bike... still need to swap it out for some 3T :)


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Feb 06, 2014 1:49 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jul 27, 2011 5:08 am
Posts: 222
My vote is for the ENVE setup... I'm contemplating the CAAD10 Black Inc and would probably look to put on the ENVE fork as well...


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Feb 06, 2014 2:06 am 
Offline

Joined: Mon Dec 28, 2009 8:30 pm
Posts: 3903
Location: Bay Area
Let me see if my Evo curves are in a box still and if they are I can post a picture. The sweep makes no sense and isn't even that ergonomic when climbing.

_________________
Don't take me too seriously.
Bike
Strava


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Feb 06, 2014 1:17 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Aug 28, 2012 2:45 pm
Posts: 853
Location: Stockholm, The Arctic...
:up:


Image


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Feb 06, 2014 1:44 pm 
Offline
in the industry
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jan 23, 2004 6:31 pm
Posts: 337
FSA is such an uninspiring brand to me. Even the logo is and graphics are just yawners.

_________________
carbonLORD.com


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Feb 06, 2014 2:14 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jun 12, 2004 8:49 am
Posts: 2091
Location: Denmark
:exactly:

Perhaps the most unsexy brand on the market IMO.

ENVE or Deda. Depends on the bike.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Feb 06, 2014 4:27 pm 
Offline

Joined: Mon Aug 20, 2012 12:12 pm
Posts: 130
Location: Bristol
I have Ritchey WCS cockpits and seatposts (or toppers) on all my bikes. You just can't beat them for price/weight/quality/stiffness.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Feb 06, 2014 7:31 pm 
Offline

Joined: Fri Sep 05, 2008 1:15 am
Posts: 78
Interesting thread for me ... I've been planing a new build and debating parts. As it happens I just ordered:

- Ritchey WCS Logic II Classic Road Bar, 42cm
- Ritchey WCS C260 Carbon Matrix Stem, 100mm
- Ritchey WCS 1-bolt, 0-offset UD carbon seatpost

I really wanted matched components with a traditional bar shape.

I also just ordered:

- Specialized Romin Pro, white
- Lizard Skins DSP 2.5 white tape, 2.5mm

Should all arrive in a few days! I've never used Ritchey components before, so I'm glad people are happy with it.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Feb 06, 2014 8:26 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed Jun 01, 2011 7:53 am
Posts: 313
I kinda like the FSA parts and vision wheels on certain bikes like the cannondale and Cipollini.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Feb 06, 2014 11:11 pm 
Offline

Joined: Fri Jun 14, 2013 10:26 pm
Posts: 160
carbonLORD wrote:
rheosibal wrote:

carbonLORD wrote:
All ENVE and ENVE wheels (and fork).


That's super tempting. If I change the fork, I'll probably change it to an evo fork, but it's not a necessary upgrade. As for wheels, I was able to order 2014 Zipp 404s for a killer deal so my wheels may mismatch with my cockpit...I don't really mind.


Thats ok, I have both brand wheels and prefer the braking of the 404, and with the 2014 dual cross rear and new hub flange, it should be as stiff as the Enve's.

Sounds like a great build, enjoy!


Thanks! I'm pretty excited!

Imaking20 wrote:
rheosibal wrote:
Fantastic! KWalker says that the Evocurce has an annoying backsweep on the top that get's in the way when sprinting. Can you confirm that? Also if you don't mind, can you send me a picture of your setup? I'd love to see that!


I would say the same thing about the Evocurve bars. Some love the sweep but I find it odd. I've got their al bars paired with a C260 stem on my rain bike... still need to swap it out for some 3T :)


Hmm interesting. Thanks for the heads up!

Miller76 wrote:
My vote is for the ENVE setup... I'm contemplating the CAAD10 Black Inc and would probably look to put on the ENVE fork as well...


Oh man, that would be killer

KWalker wrote:
Let me see if my Evo curves are in a box still and if they are I can post a picture. The sweep makes no sense and isn't even that ergonomic when climbing.


Great, thank you!

PSM wrote:
:up:


Image


FSA is great, don't get me wrong, but I believe it only looks great on their team bikes and not the rest of the Cannondale lineup.

carbonLORD wrote:
FSA is such an uninspiring brand to me. Even the logo is and graphics are just yawners.


LOL +1

Mario Jr. wrote:
:exactly:

Perhaps the most unsexy brand on the market IMO.

ENVE or Deda. Depends on the bike.


I'm still debating...2014 CAAD 10 (Ultegra all black frameset)

tinozee wrote:
I kinda like the FSA parts and vision wheels on certain bikes like the cannondale and Cipollini.


I only think that the FSA parts match with the team colors for cannondale, but not the rest of the frameset colors.

_________________
2014 Cannondale CAAD10 | 2013 Cannondale Evo | 2012 LOOK 586 UD


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Feb 06, 2014 11:30 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed Jun 01, 2011 7:53 am
Posts: 313
I'm not sure if I missed it, did you post a pic of your Caad in progress? Your evo in the sig looks hot. I read the bit about your fit and the 54 vs 52. Will your caad be a 54 or 52? Reason I ask is that once your stem gets long (past 120) it can start to be a stiffness concern. Some long ones are stiffer than others. :p I personally love a smal frame with long stem but the options are limited for 140mm stems. For example, Ritchey only has a wet white or matte black in 140. Zipp has 2 - Service course SL (only with white logo) and the sprint stem.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Feb 07, 2014 1:18 am 
Offline

Joined: Fri Jun 14, 2013 10:26 pm
Posts: 160
tinozee wrote:
I'm not sure if I missed it, did you post a pic of your Caad in progress? Your evo in the sig looks hot. I read the bit about your fit and the 54 vs 52. Will your caad be a 54 or 52? Reason I ask is that once your stem gets long (past 120) it can start to be a stiffness concern. Some long ones are stiffer than others. :p I personally love a smal frame with long stem but the options are limited for 140mm stems. For example, Ritchey only has a wet white or matte black in 140. Zipp has 2 - Service course SL (only with white logo) and the sprint stem.


Thanks for the compliment! The Evo frameset is for sale by the way if you're interested ;) Actually I haven't started building the CAAD yet. I'm waiting for the frameset, then I plan on building it with the Sram Red from my Evo.

I'm downsizing to a 52. I'm at least going for 120mm, but I'm not 100% sure if I'm going longer than that. I'm not replicating my position on the caad to 100% of the evo, but it will be close. The reason I downsized was because of the necessity to be lower.

Luckily if I decide with 120mm, or even 130mm, I still have all my options available. PHEW!

Thanks for the heads up!

_________________
2014 Cannondale CAAD10 | 2013 Cannondale Evo | 2012 LOOK 586 UD


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Feb 07, 2014 9:56 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Aug 28, 2012 2:45 pm
Posts: 853
Location: Stockholm, The Arctic...
And I don't like ENVE. ;)


Top
 Profile  
 
Posted: Fri Feb 07, 2014 9:56 am 


Top
  
 
PostPosted: Fri Feb 07, 2014 8:27 pm 
Offline

Joined: Fri Jun 14, 2013 10:26 pm
Posts: 160
PSM wrote:
And I don't like ENVE. ;)


lol i'm still in debating..well at least until I start building

_________________
2014 Cannondale CAAD10 | 2013 Cannondale Evo | 2012 LOOK 586 UD


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 47 posts ] 
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: eric, Google [Bot], rbrtwyn, Yahoo [Bot] and 34 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  

   Similar Topics   Author   Replies   Views   Last post 
There are no new unread posts for this topic. Zipp wheels with Enve Pads

in Road

civdic

10

1103

Sat Jan 11, 2014 9:31 pm

Zigmeister View the latest post

There are no new unread posts for this topic. Zipp wheels with Enve Pads

in Road

civdic

1

398

Fri Jan 10, 2014 10:17 pm

civdic View the latest post

There are no new unread posts for this topic. Need a new stem. Ritchey WCS C260 or Zipp Service Course SL

[ Go to page: 1, 2 ]

in Road

jspaceman

15

1122

Sat Aug 30, 2014 11:44 am

stoney View the latest post

There are no new unread posts for this topic. Ritchey c260 stem with ZIPP vuka sprint

in Road

wrx555

6

795

Fri May 16, 2014 10:09 am

NatenZipp View the latest post

There are no new unread posts for this topic. Italian carbon cockpit

in Road

HillRPete

9

1071

Fri Jan 17, 2014 5:45 am

Wederkinck View the latest post


It is currently Thu Nov 27, 2014 5:45 am

All times are UTC + 1 hour




Advertising   –  FAQ   –  Contact   –  Convert   –  About

© Weight Weenies 2000-2013
hosted by starbike.com


How to get rid of these ads? Just register!


Powered by phpBB