Specialized OSBB / Quarq

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

LoggingMiles

by LoggingMiles

Does anyone know what I would need (BB-wise) to install a Quarq Elsa BB30 into a 2014 Specialized Tarmac SL4 Pro (Alloy OSBB) bike?

Does my frameset/crank come with everything needed? It looks like I may need some additional spacers and a wavy washer, but I cannot figure all of this BB mess out.

synthesis

by synthesis

If you already has a BB30 crank set in your bike (as is most likely) nothing, just remove existing, and mount the Elsa using the wavy washer and provided spacer.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

LoggingMiles

by LoggingMiles

synthesis wrote:If you already has a BB30 crank set in your bike (as is most likely) nothing, just remove existing, and mount the Elsa using the wavy washer and provided spacer.

The frameset is brand new, and the Quarq Elsa is brand new. So no crank has ever been installed. I was not provided with a wavy washer, or spacers, that I see.

rijndael

by rijndael

If it's like my Quarq Red BB30 PM, there's a threaded plastic preload nut on one side, with that - it wouldn't use an external washer or spacer.

LoggingMiles

by LoggingMiles

rijndael wrote:If it's like my Quarq Red BB30 PM, there's a threaded plastic preload nut on one side, with that - it wouldn't use an external washer or spacer.

Yes there is a preload nut. So basically, I won't need anything except the bottom bracket that came with the frame, and then use the preload adjuster on the quarq to take the play out, with no spacers or wavy washers needed?

synthesis

by synthesis

If you look at this link: http://www.quarq.com/quarq-elsa-10r

And look at the picture where you can see the axle, there is a spacer on the drive side and a adjuster on the non drive side arm. You may not need a wavy washer. I´m used to the Red Quark.

#rijndael the OSBB is narrower than a normal BB30 bottombracket, 64mm vs. 68mm.

rijndael

by rijndael

LoggingMiles: My post was poorly worded. There is a spacer, but it's not a typical BB30 spacer. Mine was included with the PM. See this: http://www.quarq.com/i/95-6115-007-000_ ... nksets.pdf

systhesis: Thanks, I'm not that familiar with the OSBB variations.

LoggingMiles

by LoggingMiles

rijndael wrote:LoggingMiles: My post was poorly worded. There is a spacer, but it's not a typical BB30 spacer. Mine was included with the PM. See this: http://www.quarq.com/i/95-6115-007-000_ ... nksets.pdf

systhesis: Thanks, I'm not that familiar with the OSBB variations.

My PM did come with that spacer shown surrounded by the dotted line. I guess that is all I will need.

SLCBrandon

by SLCBrandon

I have 2 PM's mounted in Specialized OSBB's, one being a Red Quarq in an S-Works Tarmac SL4. I'm 99% sure it's just the washer/spacer on DS and then just the adjustable plastic piece on the NDS. Has worked flawlessly and not needed readjustment the entire season.

LoggingMiles

by LoggingMiles

SLCBrandon wrote:I have 2 PM's mounted in Specialized OSBB's, one being a Red Quarq in an S-Works Tarmac SL4. I'm 99% sure it's just the washer/spacer on DS and then just the adjustable plastic piece on the NDS. Has worked flawlessly and not needed readjustment the entire season.

Great. Thanks

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

LoggingMiles

by LoggingMiles

FWIW, I just got my Quarq on tonight. For a 2014 SL4 Pro, I needed the included Quarq spacer, the preload nut tightened 2 turns, and two spacers from the SRAM BB30 Assembly kit.