Help - Mavic R-SYS rear axle

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

Berk
Carbon Cowboy

by Berk

Hi,
searching for a Mavic R-SYS rear axle, any help would be much appreciated if you know where I could get it:

Thanks!

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

legs 11

by legs 11

You'll need to contact your official dealer. Mavic are very funny about maintaining a very tight dealer network.
Having lived in France for a long time I can confirm this is very typical of the French macro business model. :)
I've had all kinds of problems getting spares in the past. (The UK repair centre is only at the end of my road!) But it's strictly dealer only communication.
You should be able to locate your official national dealer from the Mavic site.
They list the distributor to be in Kranj ?
Pedalling Law Student.

legs 11

by legs 11

If you don't have any luck at your national distributor, you could try Evans Cycles here in the UK.
Evans are not a firm I would normally use, but they buy large quantities of Mavic products and I have had some good luck getting difficult to source parts such as rims, hub parts etc. from them in the past (as long as you're not in a rush as it's very slow)
If you need someone to take delivery and send it on, just let me know.
Regards, Rob.
Pedalling Law Student.

Berk
Carbon Cowboy

by Berk

Hi Rob, thanks! Yes I already contacted the Slovenian dealer but with no luck trying to get that part. Otherwise I guess the best would be to get an used hub from a broken wheel, hopefully I'll found one, already contacted my former team mechanic where they had those wheels and he'll look if he has anything, fingers crossed...otherwise I'll have to found it somewhere. Thanks again :)
Cheers,
Jure

Berk
Carbon Cowboy

by Berk

P.S I get an information that the axle should be the same also for Cosmic SL/SLE, Ksyrium SLR/R-SYS/,...so if anyone has a broken rear wheel I might be interested only for the hub/axle.
Thanks!

Berk
Carbon Cowboy

by Berk

Hi,
still searching for this axle, unfortunately still without any luck.
If anyone knows anywho who has a broken rear whell (Mavic Ksyrium SLR/R-SYS, C40, 60, or Mavic Ultimate etc.) please let me know! As it was told to me the axe is the same from 2012 till today

Thanks!

Berk
Carbon Cowboy

by Berk

Tenlegs, thanks!! That's what I'm looking for, as I see they don't have it in stock but at least I can order it, might take more than one month but better than nothing, thanks! Will post an update if it will be possible to get it there.

Tenlegs

by Tenlegs

Also zero stock but if the other place doesn't work out...
http://www.jejamescycles.co.uk/mavic-co ... 54691.html

Berk
Carbon Cowboy

by Berk

Thanks, but that one wouldn't be ok.

I did get one axle from 2012 (R-SYS), but it doesn't fit. The wheelset that I have is from 2013, and they changed the axle exactly that year. So as it was told to me most of the models from 2013 have the right axle (Ksyrium Elite/SLR/R-SYS/SLS, Cosmic SLE/c40/60/80,..). So hopefully I'll get it somewhere, will keep you updated just in case if anybody will have the same problem (hopefully not!)

Berk
Carbon Cowboy

by Berk

Just an update - problem solved. They ordered a new rear axle at my LBS, if I'm honest I didn't thought they'll be able because I contacted official dealer for Mavic and they didn't knew if and when and for what amount could they get it,...anyway, I ordered it now at my LBS and it will cost 50eur.

Otherwise a friend of mine made a replacement part that I glued/pressed in the original axle. It was cut and he made a bit larger hole, where a new insert was glued/pressed.

I just had to make the groove for the hex key by myself, took me around 20min to make it with a dremel,..you just have to be precise and it's no problem:

That's it, anyway thanks for your help :beerchug:

964Cup

by 964Cup

That's impressive DIY.

Berk
Carbon Cowboy

by Berk

Hi,
thanks, but after 1500km I replaced it with a new original axle, just in case.. But also the DIY repair worked without any problem.

Anyway, I'm writting if anybody will have a similar problem I can provide a new axle for 37eur, will put it also in the "for sale" section. I ordered it at my LBS, and then get two axles and not one as they ordered...so he offered me those axles for 37eur/piece and I just bought both. It's quite problematic to get it, at least from my experiences, so if anybody will need one just contact me and I can send it.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com