Wrong installation cable F-derailleur: damage frame?!

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

Alreadyhadone

by Alreadyhadone

I have a sram red 2013 on my cervelo s3 (2010) and I noticed my bikestore, who installed the group, did made some mistakes:

- my right crank arm is hitting my front derailleur when the chain is on the big chainring because the big chainring it to far to the outside (on the photo the chain is on the big front chainring and the smallest rear chainring) In addition to this problem: the chain is also getting off the big chainring on my crankarm when I push my (left) shifter (just a bit) too hard.
- Now I wanted to adjust the derailleur by adjusting the ''high limit screw'' (correct?) but I think the cable routing isn't correct.

My questions are:
- what do you think is wrong with the current setup?
- is the ''damage'' any big on my frame? Is it worth going back to the bikestore?
- how can I fix this?

Thx in advance
cerv2 by rgrhg, on Flickr

cerv1 by rgrhg, on Flickr

Riccfs
in the industry

by Riccfs

Hello,
Not sure exactly what is wrong with the setup should have the bike shop who built it address the issues.
As for the carbon I can help.
We do carbon frame repairs as well as custom parts and if you are looking to have your fame repaired let us know.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Alreadyhadone

by Alreadyhadone

Riccfs wrote:Hello,
We do carbon frame repairs as well as custom parts and if you are looking to have your fame repaired let us know.

When you look at my first photo you can see the cable has cut itself a little bit into the frame. Do you think it is neccesary to repair this to prevent futher damage?
I hope you can answer on this as an expert, I do live in Europe so I have to thank for the offer in any case..

Valbrona
Location: United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland

by Valbrona

1/ You need to adjust the H Limit screw so that the front derailleur does not move so much to the outside.

2/ You need to check the routing of the cable. Does it thread through the frame properly? A bit of cosmetic damage where the cable exits the hole in the frame should not matter - you sometimes get a little damage where the cable rubs on the outside of the hole.

lannes

by lannes

http://www.artscyclery.com/learningcent ... leurs.html

You might need to check the angle of the cable coming into the derailleur, either in front or from behind the bolt, not sure what the sram standard is