Standert Kreissäge RS Disc

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

projectrichie

by projectrichie

Standert Kreissäge RS size 48 (Blue Moon)

Decided to make a post about this build, as there is not a lot of information about this brand. Been looking for a new alloy frame and something different from mainstream brands (current bike: allez sprint). Also, I was attracted to their "project compact" geometry as I am a small rider myself (approx 5"4 | 165cm).

Looking to build up this frame with an R8070 groupset. Does anyone have any suggestions for finishing kit?
IMG-4853.jpg

velov

by velov

That would depend on how deep you want to dig in your pockets...

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Bergwerk

by Bergwerk

Lot's of options. What kind if riding are you looking to do?

Raimundo

by Raimundo

Ritchey WCS line if it was me, affordable, good looking, reliable, and not too heavy. I think it's a good match for your frame.

Wheelset could be some heavily discounted DT SWISS mid range wheelset. Quite common on the usual online retailers.
Or probably even better, contact StarBike or r2bike for some custom wheelset, where you can choose rims, hubs spokes, etc.

The wife got a nice road/light-touring wheelset the other day:
DT SWISS RR411 rims (front symmetric, rear asymmetric)
Shimano XT hubs
SAPIM spokes (D-light spokes at the front and rear NDS, and Race spokes on the rear DS)
All under €400 IIRC for the wheelset, including assembly service.

Or if you're a savvy guy, buy a second hand wheelset that came on a new bike. Some people buy full new bikes and just sell the wheelset immediately... because they had a better one lying around, or they just don't like the one that came on the new bike.

wolfesquire

by wolfesquire

congrats! I would recommend DT Swiss wheels, but it all depends on your riding.

diecast

by diecast

Hi, that's a nice frame. I have a Kreissage 2nd cut disc, but I prefer the paintwork on yours! Anyway, I like it, it's a fun bike. For what it's worth, here's how I've built mine...

It has a Campagnolo H11 groupset. Being an aluminium frame I thought some nice machined aluminium parts seemed appropriate - so Thomson seatpost and collar, Tune stem and computer mount. The wheels are Farsports carbon rims on DT Swiss 180 hubs. The saddle is a full carbon Fabric Scoop. And some Arundel cages, just because. It weighs approximately 7.8kg.

I find it a firm ride, but that was what I wanted and what I was expecting. 28mm Vittoria Corsas balance things nicely for me and my roads. I'm sure it would fit bigger, but I haven't tried.

A few points to watch out for: The seattube needed quite a bit of reaming. And the brake caliper mounting on the front fork sticks out a bit. This means you will need to pay attention to the type of centerlock lockring that you use for your front wheel, else it will rub. One with internal splines will probably give you the most clearance. (This problem is not unique to this bike.)

Hope that helps, enjoy your new bike!

DHG01

by DHG01

Very nice frame. I have a Triebwerk (also opened a post) and it rides like a dream.

I like the Campy build idea.
If you could get your hands con a Sram Red 22, that contribute towards a light build.

tepextate

by tepextate

Awesome bike. I love the style of the Standert bikes. Anyone here who's based in the US that owns one? If so, would be curious to know how the ordering process went and your thinking on warranty and support given that the company is based in Germany.

robin3mj

by robin3mj

tepextate wrote:
Fri Oct 16, 2020 2:13 pm
Awesome bike. I love the style of the Standert bikes. Anyone here who's based in the US that owns one? If so, would be curious to know how the ordering process went and your thinking on warranty and support given that the company is based in Germany.
I'm on the east coast and recently ordered one of the Kreissage RS rim brake bikes. Then I emailed them a couple days later about making some changes to my order and they couldn't have been more helpful.
I have yet to receive it so no further data points but can provide updates as needed. (Hopefully will not need to take advantage of any warranty claims...)

tepextate

by tepextate

robin3mj wrote:
Sun Oct 18, 2020 1:46 am
tepextate wrote:
I'm on the east coast and recently ordered one of the Kreissage RS rim brake bikes. Then I emailed them a couple days later about making some changes to my order and they couldn't have been more helpful.
I have yet to receive it so no further data points but can provide updates as needed. (Hopefully will not need to take advantage of any warranty claims...)
Good to hear. Appreciate that info! Will keep an eye on them for a future build. :)

TheTalentedMrH

by TheTalentedMrH

tepextate wrote:
I have a Kreissage RS disc. Went smoothly, Tom and Maxi at Standert can help on parts and build specs as well if you email them.

The one thing I'd say is DHL is slow for shipping, so think about the FedEx upgrade.

saldegracia

by saldegracia

Nice looking bike, I think I might go back to aluminum some day the way things go. Here's one question, though: Why is this bike called Kreissage?!? That means circular saw...odd name for a bike ;)
Canyon Aeroad, Votec VRC, Fuji Jari Carbon, Sensa Fermo SL, Principia R700, Cannondale Bad Boy Ultra, Ciöcc Singlespeed

DHG01

by DHG01

tepextate wrote:
I am not based in US, but the ordering process was fine. It's a small brand and they are very passionate about what they do.
I think you would get good support; before purchasing I asked a couple non typical questions (tube thickness, top tube sloping) and got all the answers from them.

Matt28NJ

by Matt28NJ

saldegracia wrote:
Sun Oct 18, 2020 9:30 am
Nice looking bike, I think I might go back to aluminum some day the way things go. Here's one question, though: Why is this bike called Kreissage?!? That means circular saw...odd name for a bike ;)
Hmm... in English, I think it would translate as "Buzzsaw", which has a mildly badass connotation. :D

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

projectrichie

by projectrichie

Update:

Decided to go with a Sram Force AXS groupset as I was able to pick up a good deal on it! Going with a zipp finishing kit to match the groupset. I will also post weights for each component when I get all the parts! Hoping to have this bike built by the end of November.