Felt F1 FRD 2014

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

Wildman

by Wildman

SuperDave wrote:
Wildman wrote:So last night I finally got my hands on it... 7kg so not uber light but I'm happy.

Wow, that looks mean.
Just finished off the 2015 version and photoshoot and I can say I might like the look of yours just as much as the new one.

-SD

I imagine the 2015 will take 12 months to arrive ;)

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

SuperDave
in the industry

by SuperDave

Sometime in the 2015 calendar year, yes.
No huge changes from '14 though, a couple tidbits shaved a couple grams.
-SD

Deleted the quotes. Please use the reply button.

Wildman

by Wildman

Seeing as it took you guys so long to get the 2014 frames out I'll stick with mine for a bit longer... ;)

SuperDave
in the industry

by SuperDave

Yes, :roll: I just couldn't bear to get rid of any of them and stockpiled them in my secret warehouse, once I learned there were no changes for 2015 planned, I trickled them out to the world.

-Dave

Deleted the quote. Please read this: viewtopic.php?f=7&t=126225

commfire

by commfire

Dave, maybe you have answered this before…but why stick with a bb30 as opposed to pf30?

SuperDave
in the industry

by SuperDave

Weight, primarily. Personally I do like BB386EVO standard and it seems many crank makers are beginning to offer their BB30 cranks with 86 width compatibility.
As light and stiff as the F platform is you have to remember it was introduced in 2011 which means much of the development was done in 2009 and 2010. A lot has changed since then from a manufacturing standpoint. For example, Trek and Scott have caught up with their 1000g framesets.

We've changed the molding methods and material of the F but not yet the frame mold/shape.

Once we start seeing bikes come close in the STW category, we'll look at a re-write.

-Dave

Deleted the quote, as this is clearly a reply. Please use the reply button in these cases, it makes life so much easier. Please read this: viewtopic.php?f=7&t=126225

commfire

by commfire

Thanks! always appreciate your insight!

SuperDave
in the industry

by SuperDave

Deleted the quote, as this is clearly a reply. Please use the reply button in these cases, it makes life so much easier. Please read this: viewtopic.php?f=7&t=126225[/quote]

It has been drilled into me to always quote the poster to protect myself and provide context. Apologies if this is in conflict with the forum rules.

-Dave

ultyguy

by ultyguy

Does the F1 FRD work ok w/ Athena EPS? I can find a mini group pretty cheap right now and it's only a tad heavier than Record EPS...

SuperDave
in the industry

by SuperDave

ultyguy wrote:Does the F1 FRD work ok w/ Athena EPS? I can find a mini group pretty cheap right now and it's only a tad heavier than Record EPS...

Yes, the F1 works with Athena EPS
Yes, the F FRD works with Athena EPS

There is no F1 FRD frame, this misinformation has continued to be delivered on this forum but if you review our website the differences between the two frames are detailed.

The F FRD only works with electronic shifting systems or single ring mechanically shifted groups (CX1, etc.)
The F1 frame allows any type of shifting/component group mech/hydro/electronic to be used.

The F FRD frameset is ~1000g
The F1 frameset is ~1200g

-SD

ultyguy

by ultyguy

SD the semantics police ;-)

Thx for the info, I knew FRD was electronic only, just wanted to make sure it worked with Athena as since it's being discontinued, can be found for reasonable.

gospastic

by gospastic

SuperDave wrote:
ultyguy wrote:Does the F1 FRD work ok w/ Athena EPS? I can find a mini group pretty cheap right now and it's only a tad heavier than Record EPS...

There is no F1 FRD frame, this misinformation has continued to be delivered on this forum but if you review our website the differences between the two frames are detailed.

The F FRD only works with electronic shifting systems or single ring mechanically shifted groups (CX1, etc.)
The F1 frame allows any type of shifting/component group mech/hydro/electronic to be used.

-SD

Is that F1 weight for the new 2015s with Textreme? Does that weight include frame and fork only?

SuperDave
in the industry

by SuperDave

gospastic wrote:
SuperDave wrote:

-SD

Is that F1 weight for the new 2015s with Textreme? Does that weight include frame and fork only?

Yes, that's the new F1 with UHC Advance + TeXtreme and MMC construction, not the old UHC Ultimate + Nano with DMC construction. We are using the UHC Ultimate + Nano on the F1 PR for 2015 but that's a different frame platform intended to be stiff and crashable, not a STW leader.

-SD

ultyguy

by ultyguy

Since we're on the F1 PR, haven't seen a geo chart for it yet?

SuperDave
in the industry

by SuperDave

ultyguy wrote:Since we're on the F1 PR, haven't seen a geo chart for it yet?

It is on our website:
http://www.feltbicycles.com/USA/2015/Bi ... F1-PR.aspx

-SD

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com