Felt F1 FRD 2014

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

SuperDave
in the industry

by SuperDave

mythical wrote:My tip is contact Dave and maybe you can buy your F FRD directly from him. I'm sure Felt would have their own bike in stock. You might even get to choose a custom colour scheme.

I'm afraid that is impossible. I do not sell Felt Bicycles, I just work there (at the Irvine, CA USA Tech center). I'm certain that F FRD bikes and frames have shipped from the factory. I'm checking the destinations exported to thus far. I'll reply when I have more news.

-SD

Wildman

by Wildman

If you could check that would be great, I'm almost at the point of cancelling the order as I can't wait around for false deadlines.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

mythical

by mythical

I already liked what Felt did with the new F-series/F1. With the F FRD using Oxeon Textreme spread tow carbon I really wanna try one. For my frame a 54cm F FRD happens to be a perfect fit.

@SuperDave: Glad that's cleared up! :thumbup:

@Wildman: Let's hope you get your Felt F FRD soon.
“I always find it amazing that a material can actually sell a product when it’s really the engineering that creates and dictates how well that material will behave or perform.” — Chuck Teixeira

Wildman

by Wildman

Any news superdave?

Wildman

by Wildman

Superdave do you have any updates on whether the bikes have been shipped or not?

SuperDave
in the industry

by SuperDave

Sorry for the delay. The F FRD kits were cleared to ship on March 10th from Taiwan. Container shipments usually depart on Thursday from Keelung Harbor/Port which would be March 13th of that same week. Transit times to Europe are 3-4 weeks. Customs clearance is 2-10 days, Distribution takes 1-7 days.

I'm involved with the production of the bicycles but much less so of the sales, especially outside of North America where I have very little contact with our global distributors. With that said I hope to hear back on where the F FRD are in the transportation from their origin. Apologies if additional obligations and higher priorities delay my reply here.

-SD

Deleted the quote. Please read this: viewtopic.php?f=7&t=126225

Wildman

by Wildman

Cheers Dave, and apologies for pushing you but you were THE only person at Felt who was actually getting back to me.

Wildman

by Wildman

Still no bike but I have been informed it will land in Germany this week, then be shipped to the UK.

I have actually seen a photo of one in someones house so they do exist...

JasperGr

by JasperGr

The finish of the bike looks really nice! I hope you get it soon so you can drop some photos

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met behulp van Tapatalk

trilocus

by trilocus

i am waiting my ar frd too, i hope that arrives soon

Wildman

by Wildman

My bike has landed at the LBS!

mythical

by mythical

Congratulations! :beerchug:
“I always find it amazing that a material can actually sell a product when it’s really the engineering that creates and dictates how well that material will behave or perform.” — Chuck Teixeira

Wildman

by Wildman

So last night I finally got my hands on it... 7kg so not uber light but I'm happy.

SuperDave
in the industry

by SuperDave

Wow, that looks mean.
Just finished off the 2015 version and photoshoot and I can say I might like the look of yours just as much as the new one.

-SD

Superdave, You just took 5 mins of my life, because of all the editing i had to do ;)

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

mythical

by mythical

Wildman wrote:So last night I finally got my hands on it... 7kg so not uber light but I'm happy.
Gorgeous bike! :thumbup: Not that light but not that heavy either. With a platform like the F FRD it has a lots potential. How does it ride?