HOT: Active* forum members generally gain 5% discount at starbike.com store!
Weight Weenies
* FAQ    * Search    * Trending Topics
* Login   * Register
HOME Listings Blog NEW Articles FAQ Contact About




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 53 posts ] 
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: Felt F1 FRD 2014
PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2014 6:59 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sat Sep 10, 2011 2:18 pm
Posts: 20
SuperDave wrote:
Wildman wrote:
So last night I finally got my hands on it... 7kg so not uber light but I'm happy.

Image


Wow, that looks mean.
Just finished off the 2015 version and photoshoot and I can say I might like the look of yours just as much as the new one.
Image

-SD


I imagine the 2015 will take 12 months to arrive ;)


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Felt F1 FRD 2014
PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2014 11:52 pm 
Offline
in the industry

Joined: Sun Jun 15, 2008 4:57 am
Posts: 418
Location: Irvine, CA
Sometime in the 2015 calendar year, yes.
No huge changes from '14 though, a couple tidbits shaved a couple grams.
-SD

Deleted the quotes. Please use the reply button.

_________________
www.feltracing.com


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Felt F1 FRD 2014
Posted: Mon Jul 07, 2014 11:52 pm 


Top
  
 
 Post subject: Re: Felt F1 FRD 2014
PostPosted: Tue Jul 08, 2014 7:39 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sat Sep 10, 2011 2:18 pm
Posts: 20
Seeing as it took you guys so long to get the 2014 frames out I'll stick with mine for a bit longer... ;)


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Felt F1 FRD 2014
PostPosted: Tue Jul 08, 2014 9:43 pm 
Offline
in the industry

Joined: Sun Jun 15, 2008 4:57 am
Posts: 418
Location: Irvine, CA
Yes, :roll: I just couldn't bear to get rid of any of them and stockpiled them in my secret warehouse, once I learned there were no changes for 2015 planned, I trickled them out to the world.

-Dave

Deleted the quote. Please read this: viewtopic.php?f=7&t=126225

_________________
www.feltracing.com


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Felt F1 FRD 2014
PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2014 3:44 am 
Offline

Joined: Thu Oct 22, 2009 11:14 pm
Posts: 108
Dave, maybe you have answered this before…but why stick with a bb30 as opposed to pf30?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Felt F1 FRD 2014
PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2014 1:34 am 
Offline
in the industry

Joined: Sun Jun 15, 2008 4:57 am
Posts: 418
Location: Irvine, CA
Weight, primarily. Personally I do like BB386EVO standard and it seems many crank makers are beginning to offer their BB30 cranks with 86 width compatibility.
As light and stiff as the F platform is you have to remember it was introduced in 2011 which means much of the development was done in 2009 and 2010. A lot has changed since then from a manufacturing standpoint. For example, Trek and Scott have caught up with their 1000g framesets.

We've changed the molding methods and material of the F but not yet the frame mold/shape.

Once we start seeing bikes come close in the STW category, we'll look at a re-write.

-Dave

Deleted the quote, as this is clearly a reply. Please use the reply button in these cases, it makes life so much easier. Please read this: viewtopic.php?f=7&t=126225

_________________
www.feltracing.com


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Felt F1 FRD 2014
PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2014 3:22 pm 
Offline

Joined: Thu Oct 22, 2009 11:14 pm
Posts: 108
Thanks! always appreciate your insight!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Felt F1 FRD 2014
PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2014 5:05 am 
Offline
in the industry

Joined: Sun Jun 15, 2008 4:57 am
Posts: 418
Location: Irvine, CA
Deleted the quote, as this is clearly a reply. Please use the reply button in these cases, it makes life so much easier. Please read this: viewtopic.php?f=7&t=126225[/quote]

It has been drilled into me to always quote the poster to protect myself and provide context. Apologies if this is in conflict with the forum rules.

-Dave

_________________
www.feltracing.com


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Felt F1 FRD 2014
PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2014 2:46 pm 
Offline

Joined: Fri Aug 06, 2010 1:35 pm
Posts: 1503
Location: Geneva
Does the F1 FRD work ok w/ Athena EPS? I can find a mini group pretty cheap right now and it's only a tad heavier than Record EPS...


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Felt F1 FRD 2014
PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2014 7:39 pm 
Offline
in the industry

Joined: Sun Jun 15, 2008 4:57 am
Posts: 418
Location: Irvine, CA
ultyguy wrote:
Does the F1 FRD work ok w/ Athena EPS? I can find a mini group pretty cheap right now and it's only a tad heavier than Record EPS...


Yes, the F1 works with Athena EPS
Yes, the F FRD works with Athena EPS

There is no F1 FRD frame, this misinformation has continued to be delivered on this forum but if you review our website the differences between the two frames are detailed.

The F FRD only works with electronic shifting systems or single ring mechanically shifted groups (CX1, etc.)
The F1 frame allows any type of shifting/component group mech/hydro/electronic to be used.

The F FRD frameset is ~1000g
The F1 frameset is ~1200g

-SD

_________________
www.feltracing.com


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Felt F1 FRD 2014
PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2014 7:45 pm 
Offline

Joined: Fri Aug 06, 2010 1:35 pm
Posts: 1503
Location: Geneva
SD the semantics police ;-)

Thx for the info, I knew FRD was electronic only, just wanted to make sure it worked with Athena as since it's being discontinued, can be found for reasonable.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Felt F1 FRD 2014
PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2014 7:54 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jun 08, 2010 4:58 am
Posts: 226
Location: Chicago
SuperDave wrote:
ultyguy wrote:
Does the F1 FRD work ok w/ Athena EPS? I can find a mini group pretty cheap right now and it's only a tad heavier than Record EPS...


Yes, the F1 works with Athena EPS
Yes, the F FRD works with Athena EPS

There is no F1 FRD frame, this misinformation has continued to be delivered on this forum but if you review our website the differences between the two frames are detailed.

The F FRD only works with electronic shifting systems or single ring mechanically shifted groups (CX1, etc.)
The F1 frame allows any type of shifting/component group mech/hydro/electronic to be used.

The F FRD frameset is ~1000g
The F1 frameset is ~1200g

-SD


Is that F1 weight for the new 2015s with Textreme? Does that weight include frame and fork only?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Felt F1 FRD 2014
PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2014 10:53 pm 
Offline
in the industry

Joined: Sun Jun 15, 2008 4:57 am
Posts: 418
Location: Irvine, CA
gospastic wrote:
SuperDave wrote:
ultyguy wrote:
Does the F1 FRD work ok w/ Athena EPS? I can find a mini group pretty cheap right now and it's only a tad heavier than Record EPS...


Yes, the F1 works with Athena EPS
Yes, the F FRD works with Athena EPS

There is no F1 FRD frame, this misinformation has continued to be delivered on this forum but if you review our website the differences between the two frames are detailed.

The F FRD only works with electronic shifting systems or single ring mechanically shifted groups (CX1, etc.)
The F1 frame allows any type of shifting/component group mech/hydro/electronic to be used.

The F FRD frameset is ~1000g
The F1 frameset is ~1200g

-SD


Is that F1 weight for the new 2015s with Textreme? Does that weight include frame and fork only?


Yes, that's the new F1 with UHC Advance + TeXtreme and MMC construction, not the old UHC Ultimate + Nano with DMC construction. We are using the UHC Ultimate + Nano on the F1 PR for 2015 but that's a different frame platform intended to be stiff and crashable, not a STW leader.

-SD

_________________
www.feltracing.com


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Felt F1 FRD 2014
PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2014 10:18 am 
Offline

Joined: Fri Aug 06, 2010 1:35 pm
Posts: 1503
Location: Geneva
Since we're on the F1 PR, haven't seen a geo chart for it yet?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Felt F1 FRD 2014
PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2014 5:59 pm 
Offline
in the industry

Joined: Sun Jun 15, 2008 4:57 am
Posts: 418
Location: Irvine, CA
ultyguy wrote:
Since we're on the F1 PR, haven't seen a geo chart for it yet?


It is on our website:
http://www.feltbicycles.com/USA/2015/Bi ... F1-PR.aspx

-SD

_________________
www.feltracing.com


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Felt F1 FRD 2014
Posted: Wed Sep 03, 2014 5:59 pm 


Top
  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 53 posts ] 
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: BdaGhisallo, Bing [Bot], cyclenutnz, Yahoo [Bot] and 30 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  

   Similar Topics   Author   Replies   Views   Last post 
There are no new unread posts for this topic. 2014 Felt FC - What cables for Di2?

in Road

shinkansen

5

362

Sun Oct 12, 2014 4:01 pm

shinkansen View the latest post

There are no new unread posts for this topic. 2014 Reynolds Assault Tubular vs 2014 Zipp 404

in Road

lord_brush

4

1313

Sat Aug 30, 2014 10:24 pm

lord_brush View the latest post

There are no new unread posts for this topic. BMC SLR01 - 2014 vs. pre-2014

in Road

savechief

2

726

Mon Oct 27, 2014 12:37 pm

Philbar72 View the latest post

There are no new unread posts for this topic. 2014 Evo Hi Mod

in Road

Blackbike

2

2103

Mon Feb 17, 2014 2:25 pm

Nebby View the latest post

There are no new unread posts for this topic. Felt F1

[ Go to page: 1, 2 ]

in Road

stripes

15

1382

Tue Dec 02, 2014 7:38 am

roygbiv177 View the latest post


It is currently Sun Dec 21, 2014 11:14 am

All times are UTC + 1 hour




Advertising   –  FAQ   –  Contact   –  Convert   –  About

© Weight Weenies 2000-2013
hosted by starbike.com


How to get rid of these ads? Just register!


Powered by phpBB