cannondale SS womens vs normal, difference?

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

tireheb

by tireheb

so while searching for bikes i saw a nice womens SS, good price for the components.
i tried to google whats the difference between the womens edition of the SS and the normal one. couldnt find any specific info on this.
so my guess is paint and saddle? but thats why im here asking. also maybe this could be expanded to other brands. do they actually make different geometries or something? shorter cranks or narrower handlebar would be win win situation but yeah, prob not. cheers

tireheb

by tireheb

really no one knows?

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Frankie - B
Admin - In the industry

by Frankie - B

your topic was moved to the road section of the board. assuming that ss means super six.
'Tape was made to wrap your GF's gifts, NOT hold a freakin tire on.'
If you want to see 'meh' content of me and my bike you can follow my life in pictures here!

Karvalo

by Karvalo

If it's a Supersix Evo, current gen doesn't have any womens models. Gen 3 did, and they were pretty much saddle, colour and the addition of a 44cm size. IIRC the spec of groupset/wheels didn't always match a model in the mens range but that wasn't a thing to make it womens specific, it was just a thing.

A lot of companies used to make specific womens frames with tweaked (less aggressive) geometries but almost no-one does anymore except Giant/Liv. Most major brands don't market a womens range at all now, bikes are just bikes.

Guenther

by Guenther

I have a 2017 CAAD 12 womens in 52 cm. It has some white accents on the paint, and a partly white saddle to match. The handlebar is compact, but I am not sure if it really differs form the mens version. The geometry seemed to be the same as the mens model as was the rest of the spec. However, after an accident I had to replace the fork, and found that the fork offset was smaller than the offset mentioned in geometry tables for the mens model for that year (45mm). In later geometry tables for womens versions it is the same. Geometry data for geometrygeeks was provided by Cannondale, so that should be accurate.

Geometry table for SS womens 2018: https://geometrygeeks.bike/bike/cannond ... en-s-2018/

justkeepedaling

by justkeepedaling

Don't know which generation you're referring to, but I got a women's SS HM Gen 1 for 500 bucks full bike. Couldn't say no to that price. It's smaller than my 54 cm Gen 1, but with longer stem and more saddle, I have pretty much the same coordinates. They both ride great, I wouldn't hesitate on a good deal for the women's frame

C36

by C36

On top of my head, the evo2-3 and 4 have no differences on the frame but just on the equipment (cant remember the gen1)

If want to dig a bit deeper you can find previous catalogues here https://www.cannondale.com/en-us/bike-archive

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

justkeepedaling

by justkeepedaling

C36 wrote:
Fri Dec 15, 2023 10:07 am
On top of my head, the evo2-3 and 4 have no differences on the frame but just on the equipment (cant remember the gen1)

If want to dig a bit deeper you can find previous catalogues here https://www.cannondale.com/en-us/bike-archive
Gen 1 is definitely different for geometry between men's and women's