21 Gram Pump

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

RimClencher

by RimClencher

Morris, the obvious way to settle this is to send an ipump to the doubters on this board and let them review it for you.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

DMF

by DMF

Morris, starting with a dead flat tube, how many strokes to a 150psi? Or how long will the video be, I would love to see a video of someone actually putting in a 1.000 strokes for 10-15 minutes :)

jokes aside, a very honest question, how many strokes on lets say a 700x23c clincher, starting from an empty tube? I think we are all wondering so lets address the elephant in the room? Video proof on YouTube would be very nice if you claim anything below quadruple digits...

dogg

by dogg

well that was a good first post

ipump

by ipump

Good Morning Everyone, This is Morris the inventor of iPUMP and iPUMPMICRO.
I am still waiting for Mr. DMF the bicycle eating Superman to take up my challenge!!!
just so you know, I love all of your comments. Thank you!!!
Safe riding,
morris

DMF

by DMF

I see it gets even better with the second post. In all seriousness Morris, why won't you address my direct questions in my previous post? I believe we're all wondering the same thing, like how many strokes does it actually take? Now that you're here, why not take the opportunity to prove your disbelievers wrong?

Leviathan

by Leviathan

Morris
You are really not helping sell your product in a forum full of people with lots of money and lots of love for this kind of thing. Two posts both making aggressive unsubstantiated claims.
Show us the video, put up or shut up. thank you!!!

sm4100

by sm4100

Agree, for all of us really interested in buying a good emergency pump and willing to know the real potential of the ipump these posts are a waste of time and as the creator of the ipump your attitude does not help in clarifying any of our questions.

In the meantime people like me will be trying 1/4 of the price pumps like the Taiwanese mentioned previously which I do believe is as capable as the ipump if not better.

If you had more respect for your potential customers you could be answering questions and selling more pumps rather than wasting everybody's time.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Privateer

by Privateer

End of thread. After those two parts by Morris I can't imagine on this forum buying his products.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

dogg

by dogg

at least he has a sense of humor

mattr

by mattr

He might have a sense of humour, but he knows eff all about honesty (100% efficiency? Ahhhahaha!) Or engineering (I've played with UK based NC and CNC machines that are old enough to still be imperial, so early 70s)

You probably can get to 150psi. But tbh, who, outside of a trackie, runs such ridiculous pressures? And I can't see a trackie using one of them. A 2 kilo track pump would be more suitable.

mattr

by mattr

Can't see any aspiring tdf riders using one either.
Pumping like a loon for half an hour isn't exactly good training. 90 seconds with CO2 and back riding is far more like it.

Rush

by Rush

wojchiech wrote:My Lezyne Road Drive has served me well over almost the fours years since I got it. It weighs 92g, takes less than 200 pumps to get ~100psi (about 2-3 minutes), screw on or slip mode protects valve damage...

I never realised this. Will have to check my pump out tonight when I get home. I've undone valve cores whilst on the road, not a pleasant feeling.

ipump

by ipump

Hi everyone, its me, Morris!!
The largest bicycle magazine in Japan CYCLE SPORTS JAPAN is writing an article about my iPUMP and IPUMPMICRO. I gave them both pumps as well as an analog pressure measuring device, so hopefully they will show the pressure and number of strokes it takes to pump up.
BTW, do any of you pump your wheels up to 150psi?
Also, i promise to send you a video of how of the pressure my pump is capable of reaching as soon as the bike frame eating DMF superman promises to eat his bicycle for breakfast!!!
I really respect you guys and i love your comments. I admire and respect you all for being hard core sportsman.
morris

rmerka

by rmerka

I think Mr. DMF threw down first so the onus is upon you Morris to pump up or shut up.

BRM

by BRM

ipump wrote:Hi everyone, its me, Morris!!
The largest bicycle magazine in Japan CYCLE SPORTS JAPAN is writing an article about my iPUMP and IPUMPMICRO. I gave them both pumps as well as an analog pressure measuring device, so hopefully they will show the pressure and number of strokes it takes to pump up.
BTW, do any of you pump your wheels up to 150psi?
Also, i promise to send you a video of how of the pressure my pump is capable of reaching as soon as the bike frame eating DMF superman promises to eat his bicycle for breakfast!!!
I really respect you guys and i love your comments. I admire and respect you all for being hard core sportsman.
morris

I never tried to pump up wheels, only tires . . . .

:noidea:

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com