21 Gram Pump

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

dj97223

by dj97223

I haven't tried the iPump and, frankly, I wouldn't spend that much money on a pump. However, I applaud the inventor for trying to make something lighter, and I think some of the criticism here is too harsh. A very light emergency pump (enough to let me finish my ride and get home), is all I need and would be looking for. I wouldn't need much over ~80 psi in my tubulars, so I don't care how much effort or time it takes to go above that.

Having said that, thank you sm for the detailed review. :beerchug: I would be interested to see reviews from other users. Also, how well do the hoses/connections work on non-threaded valve stems?
“If you save your breath I feel a man like you can manage it. And if you don't manage it, you'll die. Only slowly, very slowly, old friend.”

DMF

by DMF

Is there no way outside of WW to contact Morria, i.e e-mail or such, to confirm if this is just a prankster... Calling potential customers p*****ies seems over the edge and I too am having a hard time believing this is who he claims to be...

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

pdlpsher1

by pdlpsher1

I think there's a market for a lightweight emergency pump provided that it's used only as an emergency. I use a Zefal mini carbon pump along with a CO2 inflator. The roads I ride on are exceptional and I rarely get flats despite running Conti supersonic tubes and Vittoria open clinchers. I have rarely used my mini pump and its purpose is only as a last resort in an emergency. So I could see someone buying an ipump if they also carry a CO2 inflator.

BRM

by BRM

DMF wrote:Is there no way outside of WW to contact Morria, i.e e-mail or such, to confirm if this is just a prankster... Calling potential customers p*****ies seems over the edge and I too am having a hard time believing this is who he claims to be...

If you wish that is easy to find.
google on the ipump and you will get infopages with mail etc

BRM

by BRM

pdlpsher1 wrote:I think there's a market for a lightweight emergency pump provided that it's used only as an emergency. I use a Zefal mini carbon pump along with a CO2 inflator. The roads I ride on are exceptional and I rarely get flats despite running Conti supersonic tubes and Vittoria open clinchers. I have rarely used my mini pump and its purpose is only as a last resort in an emergency. So I could see someone buying an ipump if they also carry a CO2 inflator.

Really?
lightweight is one, usefulness is two
(personally I support people or small companies that come with nice products, but sadly we often see flawed products with too much blabla. And I never will support that)
You really think well known manufactures dont want to design a pump that is ultra light and so being able selling more than the competition? Which manufacturer doesnt weant to dominate their markets?

Have you ever looked whats on the market today, to the pro's and cons of current products.(pumps)
They have one thing in common, they promise a lot but deliver mediocre. Open your eyes.

Statement:
The bikeindustry is in general a mediocre industry. Bad organised. Full of lies, hypes and other marketingshit.

------------------------------------------------------
Recommendation:
If you want something small with a hose:

Topeak RaceRocket HPC
http://www.topeak.com/products/Pumps/racerocket_hpc_cb

18,3 Original lenght
72 gr Original weight

17,6 cm lenght (without dustcap/rubber endcap)
70 gr real weight (without rubber ends)

Useful pump with integrated schrader and presta adapter combo
Fits in a (tool) bidon

sm4100

by sm4100

dj97223 wrote:I haven't tried the iPump and, frankly, I wouldn't spend that much money on a pump. However, I applaud the inventor for trying to make something lighter, and I think some of the criticism here is too harsh. A very light emergency pump (enough to let me finish my ride and get home), is all I need and would be looking for. I wouldn't need much over ~80 psi in my tubulars, so I don't care how much effort or time it takes to go above that.

Having said that, thank you sm for the detailed review. :beerchug: I would be interested to see reviews from other users. Also, how well do the hoses/connections work on non-threaded valve stems?

For non-threaded valves it doesn't really change much. I use them on my 28c and after 50 PSI any pump will work the same way, you just have to push the valve down while pumping the first strokes and fine. Of course the hose with threaded connection makes this part of the job easier.

Regarding the weight and usability. ...as someone else said there must be a balanced between the two. Super light on your pocket is good but useless in your emergency is not good. The ipump should be designed to be easier to pump even if you had to pump about 350-400 strokes. The 250 to 300 strokes limit makes the ideal PSI range too dificult to reach. The holding tip is a total fail and clearly designed only to save weight not to be useful at all. Too small and sleek to hold such effort you have to put on the pump to reach even 70 PSI... these 10 last PSI are impossible for a woman to do believe me and if you have sweaty hands under a 40 C summer you will curse this pump the rest of the day

sm4100

by sm4100

DMF wrote:Is there no way outside of WW to contact Morria, i.e e-mail or such, to confirm if this is just a prankster... Calling potential customers p*****ies seems over the edge and I too am having a hard time believing this is who he claims to be...

This is his email morrisinternational@gmail.com

According to the guy who let me use the pump for a week this is his direct contact

ipump

by ipump

Hi guys!!!
This is Morris. The inventor of iPUMPMICRO!!!
Love you guys!!!
First of all, I have a question. Is there a bicycle tire which you can pump up to 150psi? All my friends and i pump up to maximum 115psi.
I am now taking videos to show how iPUMPMICRO can pump up to 100psi.
I will also take a video of how impossible it is to break the polyurethane tube.
And bike frame eating gozilla, you will eat your bicycle frame!!!
love you guys,
morris

DMF

by DMF

DMF wrote:If that tiny thing can reach 150psi I'll eat my entire bike for breakfast.

I am a man of my word "Morris", Go ahead and accept my challenge, prove me wrong.

sm4100

by sm4100

Guys I tried to do more tests today and I think the Ipump I borrowed got spoiled. It took me 400 strokes to reach only 50 PSI and after that the pump was not able to push air in the tube anymore. The strokes felt very easy compared to the first test but very ineffective too. I compared with a Barbieri Nana to show the valve is working. I will probably have to buy a new Ijunk for the guy. I suspected from the beginning that it feels like a disposable pump now I am sure it is. I will post the video soon.

According to the owner he never used the pump because he bought it few weeks ago.

sm4100

by sm4100

Btw I was doind the time test and it took me 6 min to reach 50 psi but not effective like first test something went wrong with this Ipump and I am trying to find out what is it

ipump

by ipump

Hi guys, this is Morris the inventor of iPUMPMICRO.
the following two links show that the yellow hose is indestructible and that it pumps to 100psi quite easily.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dsMFdBE ... load_owner
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yVDa3wv ... load_owner
another couple of videos are soon to follow of me pumping my bicycle up from the easy to pump 80psi to 120psi.
My tire is rated from 80-108psi, so i did not want to exceed the limit by too much.
Dear Mr. Gozzila, you better wash your bicycle before you eat it!!!
love you guys!!!!
safe riding.

DMF

by DMF

LMFAO!!! You did 0 - 100psi in 8 strokes?! Hahahaha... Now try that in an actual tire/tube please.

mattr

by mattr

Morris, I'd recommend spending some time with a dictionary. Many of the words you are using don't actually mean what you appear to think they mean.

Might be worth spending some time after that doing a decent engineering degree, or an apprenticeship even. It'd give you a far better grounding in engineering principles than you currently appear to have.

You'd be a perfect fit in a marketing department.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

HammerTime2
Location: Wherever there's a mountain beckoning to be climbed

by HammerTime2

DMF wrote:LMFAO!!! You did 0 - 100psi in 8 strokes?! Hahahaha... Now try that in an actual tire/tube please.
It takes more than 8 strokes to pump my tires from 0 to 100 psi using a Silca track pump.

I think I'll buy an ipump. It will come in handy the next time I need to pump up a gauge without a tire. :beerchug: