21 Gram Pump

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

prendrefeu

by prendrefeu

Sedluk, I'll take you up on your offer. PM for address.
Exp001 || Other projects in the works.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

mattr

by mattr

sedluk wrote: I would rather be out riding my bike.
Why not use co2 then, or a decent, proven pump then.
Could be back on the road in a couple of minutes then.

BRM

by BRM

sedluk wrote:Ok (ripped tekst)

Then everyone is happy and we will all find out how many pumps it takes to pump up a tire.

You know that testing a pump is much more than that? Noone is waiting on only an amount of strokes.
There are basic rules for a review to make sure it has certain value. Look to one of my former posting, where I mention a handful of parameters where to look to when reviewing such an item. Testing/reviewing should be done by people that have understanding of construction/mechanics and materials.

Testing needs to be done in real world conditions.
Its not only important how much pressure it can deliver max (capacity), but also what is need to get a roadtire filled enough for normal (home) driving. (usability)
How many strokes does it need to get a tire filled to pressure-x and pressure-x2 (effectivity)
You know the minipump SKS Sub40? Its flimsy, after a few strokes you suddenly hold parts in 2 hands. (robustness)
Its not only important how it performs once but if it collapse with second or third use, its not much worth. (durability)
When your hands are little bit wet because of sweat or mild rain, does the pump have enough grips? (condition specific issue)
Are there vulnerable parts? Can these be changed? Is maintenance easy? (maintainability)
Are there spareparts included or available? (service)

sedluk

by sedluk

I will have a micro iPump sent to prendrefeu

Zak

by Zak

Terrific, this is as exiting as the Thriller in Manilla.

DMF

by DMF

Agreed, this is the cliff hanger of all times! :)

kbbpll

by kbbpll

I have a Lezyne Pressure Drive small, claimed 170mm 89g. Paid about $39 at REI in US. http://www.lezyne.com/product-hpumps-hp ... 2RbS6LiPng

Vittoria Open Corsa CX 700x23c clincher tires, Vittoria 19-23c tubes.

I pumped 125 strokes in 1 minute, and my Lezyne Classic Floor Drive gauge read 80 psi.
I pumped 65 more strokes in 1 more minute, gauge read 100 psi.
I pumped 25 more strokes in 30 seconds, gauge read 105 psi.

I weigh about 61kg. So after 1 minute/125 strokes, the "thumb test" says hard enough, rideable. After 2 minutes/190 strokes, 100 psi would keep me happy for the rest of the ride. After 2:30/215 strokes, 105 psi probably isn't a noticeable difference as far as ride quality, but a very noticeable difference in wrist fatigue. I am not a gorilla and I am not in shape right now, but I don't think I can get any more into the tube using this pump. I have passed the threshold of diminishing returns.

I could specifically address the @BRM basic rules for a review with this Lezyne pump, but they're all positive and that's not the point.

The point is that it took me not more than 15 minutes to do this test on this pump. I had to drain the air, attach the hose, and swap between the hand pump and the floor pump chucks three times. I stopped to open a beer, and glug down a suitable quantity. It took me longer to read this thread than it did to test a pump.

@sedluk and/or @ipump, send me an ipump and I'll do the same. It ain't rocket science.

sm4100

by sm4100

Two different subjects... one does not necessarily replace the other, a micro pump alone can inflate many tires regardless of the thousand strokes needed, one heavy co2 bottle + nozzle, trigger or whatever you call it barely fill one tire IF you don't loose any pressure. Let's keep talking about pump, no hijack please

MNX1024

by MNX1024

I am very excited about this now! Since I do need to purchase an extra pump for a new bike I will be purchasing in the near future. Looking forward to your review prendrefeu!

RimClencher

by RimClencher

So I looked for the May issue of the Japanese Cycle Sports magazine that this pump was said to appear in, but the June issue was already in the shops with the May issue nowhere to be seen :noidea:

ipump

by ipump

Hi guys!!! I'm back!!! Morris, the inventor of iPUMPMICRO
Love the guy with the farting cow!!! Just remember, the guy who farts last, farts best!!!
The name of the magazine is CYCLE SPORTS JAPAN and the article about my iPUMPMICRO will appear in their next issue.
I'm not sure if its their MAY or JUNE issue.
I'm waiting for the bike frame eating superman to accept my challenge. If he had real balls he would. but it looks like he is just blowing hot gas out of his ass.
love you guys.

kbbpll

by kbbpll

:unbelievable:

prendrefeu

by prendrefeu

Surely there is something lost in translation there.
Or extreme.

Or both.

Nonetheless, sedluk has been in touch, and I'm waiting for the pump to arrive to my home here in Southern California. I will be out of town from the 16th-21st, so if it arrives during that time I won't be able to review it (obviously). Whenever it does arrive I will try to get a review with video posted quickly.

Thanks.
Exp001 || Other projects in the works.

RimClencher

by RimClencher

Morris, I looked through the June issue (6月号) and it wasn't there, so it must have been in the May issue (5月号). If you post a link to an image of the article I'll translate it.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com