21 Gram Pump

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

ipump

by ipump

Hi everyone, its Morris
Again thank you for your honesty. thank you for agreeing to send it back.
I will be happy to replace it with a newer model.
Again, is there a bicycle tire/tube out there that can hold 150psi????
Do any of you pump up to 150psi???
I can redesign the iPUMPMICRO so that it has a smaller diameter outer carbon tube and make it a little longer, so that it will be easier to pump up to, lets say, 115psi, and still keep the number of strokes the same?
is that what you guys want?
love you guys!!!
morris

mattr

by mattr

I have a pair of clinchers downstairs rated to 11 bar (and I've run them at 10), and a couple of sets of tubular tyres rated to 12. There are also some track specific tubular rated to higher pressures.......

But I see you've moved the goalposts now. 120psi.
Understandable really.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

kbbpll

by kbbpll

Last edited by kbbpll on Thu Jun 12, 2014 4:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ipump

by ipump

its me Morris again.
thank you for the info. i appreciate it!!
if i understand correctly, most of you would like an emergency pump as a flat tire insurance policy which;
1. weighs as little as possible;
2. goes up to 80-100 psi;
3. which is the lightest on the market.
question. do you want a flexible hose?
for me that is extremely important.
The iPUMPMICRO offers all of the above.
You never get your hands dirty!!! because you never need to touch the tire, unless you have a flat!!!
it is designed so that you NEVER PINCH YOUR FINGERS WHILE PUMPING!!!!!
The small 5 holes you see on the aluminum (you only need one but looks cool with 5) are provided for lubricating the Oring on your piston inside the iPUMPMICRO. ONLY USE SILICONE OIL AND ONLY SPRAY FOR A FRACTION OF A SECOND. YOU NEED VERY LITTLE TO KEEP THE iPUMPMICRO lubricated.
Tell me what you want and i will build it for you!!!
Please remember, i invented the iPUMPMICRO for emergency use. It will never replace the big MAMA pump you have at home.
One of you mentioned that it was easy to get to 80psi. I feel that is enough for emergency cases to get you home.
Do you want one that is easy to get to 100, 120, ????
If so, its very easy. solution is a smaller diameter carbon fiber tube and a little longer pump if you want to have the same number of strokes to get to the same pressures.
Godzilla, are you there? will you eat your bike if i pump up to 120psi using my iPUMPMICRO?
love you guys!!!
safe riding!!!
morris

DMF

by DMF

What happened with 150psi? Wasn't it easy? Who here said 80psi was easy with the Ipump, I only remember reading it was darn near impossible to reach even 80psi? Which I feel is an absolute minimum for safe riding unless you're going to limp home at 15km/h...

And why will you not admit that you've been lying about everything about the Ipump?

And please try to understand how the actual mechanics of this works. You clearly have an extremely poor understanding of the most basic engineering.

ipump

by ipump

hi guys. its morris.
here is a video of me pumping up from 100-120psi.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CIN-a3L ... load_owner
i hope you like it.
There is nothing stopping any of you from pumping up to 150psi.
love you guys!!
safe riding,
morris

pdlpsher1

by pdlpsher1

Is the pump in the video the original ipumpmicro? Or has it been modified with a smaller but longer tube? I also see a handle that's not part of the original ipumpmicro.

mattr

by mattr

I can see an Ipump 2 in the very near future...........

sm4100

by sm4100

As I said in few posts.....the handle is a must for reaching any pressure above 70

pdlpsher1

by pdlpsher1

To get to 150psi you would need two handles, one on each end. It's time to change the title of this thread to the '51g. Pump'

ipump

by ipump

hi everyone,
an old article in the cycle sport japan magazine about iPUMP and iPUMPMICRO.
http://www.cyclesports.jp/depot/detail.php?id=5239
you can clearly see that the iPUMPMICRO can weigh as little as 19gm.
but i personally like the new design better.
a new article in cycle sports japan should appear soon.
more videos will follow.
love you guys,
safe riding
morris

eliflap-scalpel

by eliflap-scalpel

i got mine...
http://eliflap.it/

RimClencher

by RimClencher

I nipped into the newsagent and saw the July issue of Cycle Sport magazine here in Japan. Found the article on the ipump inside that Morris said would appear and made a quick mental note of the numbers.

About the ipump micro:
200 pumps to 4.2 bar - about the limit of what a woman could pump with relative ease
230 pumps to 5 bar (73 psi) - about the limit of what a man could pump with relative ease
??? pumps to 7 bar (101 psi) - at the limit of hard pumping by a man (they omitted mention of how many pumps this took)
They said the achievable pressure was limited by a lack of purchase when holding onto the pump.
Cost: 8000 yen (about 80 USD)

These numbers can be compared against the experience of sm4100 on this board: link

They also mention trying a prototype of a 38 g ipump (not micro) that reached 9 bar and from the image was about double the length of the ipump micro.

sm4100

by sm4100

The problem was that the ipump worked for only one test day with me and after that it was dead, pumping only 55 PSI and no more. According to my friend he returned the ipump for warranty but I don't know whether he got a replacement or not. Will check with him.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

ipump

by ipump

Hi everyone!!! its me !! morris the inventor of iPUMPMICRO.
First i have a funny story to share. I am sitting infront of starbucks having a coffee and feeling happy because today i built an even lighter air pump.
In front of me is a beautiful yellow racing bike with a pump mounted on the frame. it's one of those famous brands and has a rubber hose. while looking at it, i realized that the handle is missing. so i went over to check it out. the reason is because the pin supporting the handle fell out. i decided for fun to push on the handle and to my amazement the pump was spraying water out the hose. I wonder how many of you ended up with water inside your tube trying to put air into your tire. i can send you a video on you tube if you like.
i have a question for you guys and would appreciate some serious answers. before i ask, i am not expecting any of you to buy my pump. but i do appreciate your opinions. all your opinions. good or bad!!!
the iPUMPMICRO right now is easy to pump up to 80psi. I invented it as "an insurance policy for flat tires" as one of the kickstarter backers wrote. now my question is:
1. should i design a handle which facilitates pumping for the iPUMPMICRO? it built one and it weighs about 5 grams and can also be used as a tool to help remove your tire, as well as support some alan wrenches.
2. should i build an even smaller diameter iPUMPMICRO2.0 which is lighter and can pump up to 100-120psi quite comfortably? of course you would have to pump more times to get the pressure you want in your tire.
3.should i build a smaller diameter iPUMPMICRO2.0 which is 50% longer than the iPUMPMICRO so that you can pump up with the same number of strokes?
personally, i prefer choice no. 2.

btw, i did get the pump back and i did send a new one to the person who sent it back. thank you so much for sending it back. i tried pumping up and it works fine. i would love to know why it stopped pumping past 60psi. i will keep trying until the same thing happens again. i really want to know why it did that, so that i will be able to improve it !!! i will probably end up slicing it open with a diamond blade to find out why?
love you guys!!!
safe riding, morris