21 Gram Pump

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

RimClencher

by RimClencher

Not everyone called the guy dumb.
No one assumes it will be as easy as using a compressor.

Can you say how long it took to pump a 23 mm tube/tire to 100 psi?

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

mattr

by mattr

RimClencher wrote:Can you say how long it took to pump a 23 mm tube/tire to 100 psi?
I suspect he may have to get back to you on that. It only arrived today.

BikeAnon

by BikeAnon

mattr wrote:
RimClencher wrote:....he may have to get back to you on that. It only arrived today.

Yeah. He's still pumping. Should be done and recovered enough to use a keyboard by the end of the week. :lol:

sm4100

by sm4100

Dumb or not I still don't see much reason for paying 104 usd (this is the amount I have to pay to get one shipped to me)

I paid 50 usd, less than half for a Barbieri NANA shipped and it weights only 8g more

I paid only 25 usd for another Taiwan made micro pump with flex hose which works flawlessly and still weights slightly above 50g but it is a palm size, see pics

This is 4 times cheaper than the ipump, so IMO it does not justify the high cost

any123

by any123

it is true, it is quite expensive.
i paid arround 87 USD for it including shipping to Switzerland. And the Barbieri Nana costed me about 35 USD, less than half. But i like the ipump much more. it has the hose, and that is really practicable. and it is definitely easier (not much but a bit) to pump up to high pressure than with the barbieri due to the longer cylinder.

maybe i am doing something wrong, but i have some issues using my topeak micro rocket or barbieri nana. the o-ring for sealing wears out so fast, in the case of the nana maybe after 5 uses. and when i pump, it always leaks somewhere. i was
seeking for an ultralight Pump with a hose, so the ipump was the perfect deal for me.

i did not yet fill up a tire from zero to the 7 bar. But i expect it to take maybe 7-8 minutes, i don't know.
I will come back to this when i did so.

RimClencher

by RimClencher

The SKS Sub40 pump I have also only attaches via a rubber grommit/seal and is useless for the job as it leaks above a pretty low pressure.

How does that Taiwan-made pump attach to the valve, and do you have a link to where it is available online?

sm4100

by sm4100

RimClencher wrote:The SKS Sub40 pump I have also only attaches via a rubber grommit/seal and is useless for the job as it leaks above a pretty low pressure.

How does that Taiwan-made pump attach to the valve, and do you have a link to where it is available online?

Unfortunately I couldn't find anything on the web about this Taiwan pump, The "Brand" is MIX - Cyclone RBS but this doesn't say much, you can't find info anywhere.

The LBS I bought has no website and they are those kinds of shop that bring everything from China, HK and Taiwan so the shelfs are always full of new stuff but they do not stock volume so it desapear quickly.

I was buying a cycling short when I saw the pump by chance so I gave it a try.

I am pretty happy with the pump, the connection to the valve is directly on the thread, the oring is beefy and you do not lose any air even if you thread slowly, very good design.

It also has a very interesting design to use Presta and Shrader by selecting the small black pin in or out

The hose is well made and does not leak any air. It also comes with a rubber cap to avoid dust damaging the pump

The 2-part body is also threaded so the pump will not be opening by itself when moving (you can also fix it to the bike frame underneath the bottle cage with a very small but strong bracket but I prefare to have it on my small back pack

I am not sure about durability but the contruction is not cheap and it looks better than many branded pumps.

Although the weight is 50g+ it is smaller than the ipump and the cost is ridiculous, no brainer

sm4100

by sm4100

Hard to find any online shop selling these pumps but I found the manufacturer website if helps...

www.max-dna.com

There is no online shop or similar only contact

The other day I pumped a flat 700x28C tire just to the test the pump and after 600 strokes I got 80psi, enough to move but its not a joke, hope I don't get a flat at the end of a long ride otherwise I will not have enough energy left to pump that thing.

RimClencher

by RimClencher

Thanks for finding the web site. I've sent a message to their email address - hopefully there'll be a response.

Illuminate

by Illuminate

The major prob I have with these little pumps is that to the passers-by untrained eye, it can look like you're having a wank by the side of the road :-/

RimClencher

by RimClencher

That's your own fault for riding with no clothes on.

Illuminate

by Illuminate

Lol! That's how we roll in Aus ;)

LOIC

by LOIC

personaly I got the ipump and I succed to go on 100 psi. It takes fiew minuts and it s more long than difficult. I think everbody can succed (maybe not a 10 years old child). I was sceptic about the ipump but after test it s really better than the other mini pump (but never try the taiwan one you talk about).

RimClencher

by RimClencher

I've come across "friends of the inventor" (paid or unpaid who knows) pushing the ipump on another cycling forum in slightly broken English similar to any123 and LOIC. So, I'm waiting for a first-hand review on here from someone with an account for longer than 1 month.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

ipump

by ipump

Hi everyone,
My name is Morris Ostrow and I am the inventor of iPUMPMICRO.
I love reading your comments.
Especially the one that said " I'll eat my entire bike for breakfast"
O.K. I accept your challenge.
now put your mouth were your bike is. And start eating.
If i sent you a video of the iPUMPMICRO pumping up to 150psi, will you send me a video of you eating your bike, spokes last, as dental floss.
regards, and safe riding.
morris