Scott Foil and EPS

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

Martin.dk

by Martin.dk

Hi. Does anybody here know if the new Campagnolo EPS v2 internal battery fit inside the seattube of a Scott Foil?

regards Martin
Samuel Sanchez Gonzalez wrote:Ohh okay! I just knew "plug" was something to put inside a hole... yikes

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

audiojan

by audiojan

I don't think it does… The largest diameter of the battery is 27mm, so you can measure the Foil and confirm. If memory serves me right, the Foil is less then 25mm internal.
"Suddenly the thought struck me; my floor is someone elses ceiling" - Nils Ferlin

Martin.dk

by Martin.dk

Well I don't have either right now as I'm still only considering my next bike. All I know is that I want aero and Campagnolo. EPS is a possibility if I can hide the battery internally.

/Martin
Samuel Sanchez Gonzalez wrote:Ohh okay! I just knew "plug" was something to put inside a hole... yikes

XCProMD

by XCProMD

It fits, but not inside the seatpost but inside the seat tube, which is 28-ish.

We've made 3 EPS internal mods on Scott foils, doing the 4th one at the moment. No pics avalible now, I'll try to post as soon as possible.

Zigmeister

by Zigmeister

Yes, I researched this and couldn't find any solid information or anybody with a set of calipers to get the dimensions.

Scott Foil seat tube is 25x40mm.

With that said, this diagram from Campy shows it being 24.5mm. That is on the fatter end with a rubber damper grommet opposite of the wire connection end. So...it *might* be able to be shoved in the Foil seat tube. Looks real close.

Also silly that they couldn't figure out like Shimano an easy charge port, like the front junction on the Di2 for charging the battery.

I ended up going with Shimano 9070 due to all of this mythical information about Campy's v2 internal battery. Sad really because the weight, function, style etc...really appeal to me, even at a slightly higher price point compared to Shimano. I would rather gone with the Campy EPS Super Record. Of course, the $600+ for an internal battery is typical of Campy and their mystique.

Another solution, maybe it will get down through the down tube through the HT and be mountable there on the Foil??

Tech install video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3hIhwWobxjw

Last edited by Zigmeister on Sun Dec 29, 2013 7:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Martin.dk

by Martin.dk

@ XCProMD: pics would be great thanks. I would also love some pics of the cable exit/entry points. I have my eyes on a non di2 frame so I might have to do some light modifocations to fit the 6 mm connectors through. If the nondi2 frame has a plastic cableguide under the BB it could be the place to drill and fit the charger port

/Martin

audiojan

by audiojan

Also, don't forget you need an exit port for the charging port for EPS internal. I can't remember the exact dimension for that, but it's rather large. Would be a concern if you're trying to modify a non di2 frame (and still a concern if it was a di2 frame… they rarely have a suitable port for the charging plug)
"Suddenly the thought struck me; my floor is someone elses ceiling" - Nils Ferlin

Martin.dk

by Martin.dk

XCProMD wrote:It fits, but not inside the seatpost but inside the seat tube, which is 28-ish.

We've made 3 EPS internal mods on Scott foils, doing the 4th one at the moment. No pics avalible now, I'll try to post as soon as possible.

Hi Again XCproMD. Any Progress on those Pictures would be great.

mrowkoob

by mrowkoob

I´m very interested as well if this is possible?
The unbearable wallet lightness of being a weightweenie

mrowkoob

by mrowkoob

I thought I´d update this thread with what Scott says:

Hello,

inside the Seattube should work – but inside the seatpost can be difficult because of the very thick design of the
new Campa EPS Battery. Sorry – but we never tried this before.

Greets

W

mrowkoob

by mrowkoob

robhall2003

by robhall2003

Hi All,

Ive just bought a Foil 15 Di2 frame and will be installing EPS V2 (internal battery) so I'll let you know how I get on.

I'm assuming I can use the redundant battery cable hole for the battery charger connector. I think the hole may need a very minor enlargement but not too worried about that.

I've done approximate calculations and the entire build should come out at around 6.2 kgs.

I found this bike at: http://www.thehubsa.co.za/forum/gallery ... issue-eps/

Will post pics when I'm done

Greetings

Rob

robhall2003

by robhall2003

Martin.dk wrote:
XCProMD wrote:It fits, but not inside the seatpost but inside the seat tube, which is 28-ish.

Hi Again XCproMD. Any Progress on those Pictures would be great.

Hi, I'll second that! Pics please

ultimobici
in the industry

by ultimobici

Zigmeister wrote:Also silly that they couldn't figure out like Shimano an easy charge port, like the front junction on the Di2 for charging the battery.

Probably not a case of not being able to do it, rather being unable to do it without infringing Shimano's patent(s).

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

mrowkoob

by mrowkoob

I just took the plunge and ordered a v2 upgrade kit for my Foil premium (Di2) frame which has the v1 eps group mounted already . Are there anyone who has this v2 install already? If so please share your experiences here.