Shimano 9000 SRM dropping power

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

Tinea Pedis

by Tinea Pedis

Any one else had experience with this? I'm the third person I know of that is experiencing it - and is regardless of magnet position/size and with all varying sizes of gaps between magnet and back of the spider.

I have the 9000 SRM with the older 7800 arms. Also worth noting that the back of the spider is not flat (or 'true') - which I found when getting the magnet as close to the back as possible.

The 'fix', so far, has been removing the crank and running a magnet around the back of the spider - 'waking up' the SRM. This solution has worked for some of the others who have had this issue, but not all.

Head unit wise, tried 810, 800 and 705. Issue present with all. Latest example was changing battery position to the BB mount and even with an additional (larger, supplied by SRM Oceania) magnet at the end of it I could still not get a power reading. The 810 and 800 would recognise the SRM, but not give me a reading. The 705 found it and gave me data for a minute, then dropped it.

This is all on a Giant Trinity. And is doing my head in, as Nationals are less than 3 weeks away. SRM Oceania have been in contact the entire time and deny having any issues with other units.

Also worth noting, my 7900 SRM when transferred to the Trinity, works fine. Without the additional magnet on the BB mounted position.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

BdaGhisallo

by BdaGhisallo

Have you asked on the Wattage forum? You're more likely to get relevant feedback there.

https://groups.google.com/forum/?fromgr ... um/wattage

Tinea Pedis

by Tinea Pedis

Hadn't thought of that. Will do now though. Ta.