Colnago factory repaint?

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

Fatbiker

by Fatbiker

If I recall correctly the refurb work done in Belgium is not 'officially' Colnago. I am pretty sure a distributor started doing the refurb in Belgium because Colnago themselves were notoriously slow in doing so.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

liam7020

by liam7020

I was talking to Mike at Maestro about a year ago on this subject. It seems that the guy who did the re-spraying for the Colnago distributor in Benelux had retired and at that time, Oct/Nov 2012, they were trying out a new sprayer in Holland. Now I don't know how the trial turned out but it would definitely be worthwhile contacting Mike for further information.
Tarmac SL6 & Campag Record EPS https://weightweenies.starbike.com/foru ... 0&t=153968

"Sometimes you don't need a plan. You just need big balls." Tom Boonen

fignonsbarber

by fignonsbarber

I looked into having a respray of my old colnago CT1 a few years back. IIRC the cost from Maestro through Belgium was around $600 or so.

jipperd

by jipperd

Holland does have a few excelent painters who have focussed on carbon bike painting. We (bike shop) have very excelent experiences with a painter in the South of Holland. These guys do paint jobs for Giant / Rabobank. If you wan't to contact them, take a look on: http://www.unlimitedcolors.nl/

klingej

by klingej

Lots of options - thank you all for your advice & input!

Br Jonas

quinner

by quinner

I had my cristallo repaired and refinished several years ago, it took 5 months and it was very expensive. That frame was made in Italy though, as others point out, I doubt they have the capability in Italy now and would have to ship to Asia. I had to be really motivated to get my cristallo done, it wasn't an easy process.

tigoose

by tigoose

Sorry to bring this up after so long but has anyone had recent experience of Colnago repainting a frame?

Beancouter

by Beancouter

In the spirit of not answering the question asked (!), I use a paint shop in the UK called Ooey custom - they are amazing. My most recent project was a Colnago C40 restoration - the job they did on touching up the frame is amazing (given the frame is airbrushed).

PSM

by PSM

Beancouter wrote:In the spirit of not answering the question asked (!), I use a paint shop in the UK called Ooey custom - they are amazing. My most recent project was a Colnago C40 restoration - the job they did on touching up the frame is amazing (given the frame is airbrushed).

picture?

de zwarten

by de zwarten

Try to contact David Meirhaeghe in Belgium (brother of Filip Meirhaeghe). He can do Colnago (does it for e.g. Sven Nys), also custom paint jobs for e.g. Omega Pharma: http://www.m-level.be

I'll go there soon to re-do a Pinarello Asolo. If you want, I can do the communication but big chance David can do as well :D

edit: I visited David today in his workshop. He said he is the Colnago Benelux painter, so if you want anything from an old master with the little man on the toptube, to any of the official paint schemes from nowadays, he can do it.
Last edited by de zwarten on Tue Oct 28, 2014 10:36 am, edited 1 time in total.

Beancouter

by Beancouter

It really does look stunning...

rosuch

by rosuch

Beautiful

liam7020

by liam7020

de zwarten wrote:Try to contact David Meirhaeghe in Belgium (brother of Filip Meirhaeghe). He can do Colnago (does it for e.g. Sven Nys), also custom paint jobs for e.g. Omega Pharma: http://www.m-level.be

I'll go there soon to re-do a Pinarello Asolo. If you want, I can do the communication but big chance David can do as well :D

edit: I visited David today in his workshop. He said he is the Colnago Benelux painter, so if you want anything from an old master with the little man on the toptube, to any of the official paint schemes from nowadays, he can do it.

This is excellent information Lieven. Very many thanks for letting us know.
Tarmac SL6 & Campag Record EPS https://weightweenies.starbike.com/foru ... 0&t=153968

"Sometimes you don't need a plan. You just need big balls." Tom Boonen

PSM

by PSM

I don't understand but I see no custom paintings on M10's there...?

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

de zwarten

by de zwarten

PSM wrote:I don't understand but I see no custom paintings on M10's there...?

Is this directed to me? (edit: think I understood, and I think that they can do any kind of custom paint job, however, custom often means lot of time / money involved)

Anyway, here is some more info about Colnago's @ M-Level with an M10 paint job (on a cyclocross frame): Gallery Colnago . Many frames arrive in packaged from abroad and are send back repainted, so from what I saw, it should be fine to send your frame + detailed communication through email about the paint specs. For the info, Jaegher also gets their frames painted there.

The lead time is around 2 weeks. A 2-color frame, starting from the old paint, will cost you around 300 euros.
I'm going to pick up my frame next Tuesday, If any specific questions, I can ask David personally.
Last edited by de zwarten on Fri Nov 07, 2014 1:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.