Quarq Elsa weight vs Vector pedals?

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

kirstyds77

by kirstyds77

Hi,

I am currently riding a 2012 Cervelo P3 with a stock crankset (FSA Gossamer 53/39), 165mm length cranks and speedplay pedals.
I am going to purchase either the Quarq GXP ELSA or the Garmin vector pedals but am unsure which option will be the lightest given my current setup?

The Quaq ELSA weighs in at 735g (172.5mm), but how much more is that then my current stock FSA gossamer setup?

The Garmin Vector pedal system weighs in at 428g, but I am unsure how much more this is than speedplay pedals?

Basically, I am not concerned about the small price difference between the two products, and they both seem to perform very well, so if there is a huge weight advantage of one product it will help me make my decision, as even a few extra grams adds up over a long race!

Thanks!

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

prebsy

by prebsy

Depending on what speedplay pedals you run it won't add much. If you account for the speedplay cleat they aren't that light. I just got my vectors and the pedals and pods weigh 350g, adding about 20g vs. the ultegras I had.

-EP

aaric

by aaric

You'd probably lose weight with the elsa over your gossamer...but hard to confirm what gossamer crank you actually are running...best bet is to take it off, and weigh it :P

Also your bottom bracket.

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=gossamer+megaexo+crankset+weight

Causidicus

by Causidicus