help an injured WW - my FRANKENTRAINER project

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

prendrefeu

by prendrefeu

motorthings wrote:i thought about this too, but wanted to be able to easily switch between this and my roadbike to test out my recovery status, without recabling.

It just seems, oh, ridiculously wasteful. So you only have one road bike?
Do you have a commuter? Use that since apparently you're too injured to commute on it.

Why not just buy a cheap commuter-worthy bike. Re-cable it for the setup. Train. Test out your whatever on your regular bike.
When you're done, re-cable the cheap commuter worthy bike and voila! You have something that you will actually use.
Exp001 || Other projects in the works.

motorthings

by motorthings

prendrefeu wrote:Why not just buy a cheap commuter-worthy bike. Re-cable it for the setup. Train. Test out your whatever on your regular bike.
When you're done, re-cable the cheap commuter worthy bike and voila! You have something that you will actually use.

makes sense, but i am trying to get under the price point of a used recumbent exercise bike, and in the process, get some parts that will work if/when i have to build up a real recumbent in the spring.

i am just all kinds of optimistic that someone has a busted frame that wasn't busted for my purposes, and then i can source the rest of the parts for cheap too.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com