Anyone Ridden the 2014 BMC SLR02?

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

thebadger

by thebadger

Hello,
I bought one a few days before Christmas and have since done about 2000km on mine. My last bike was a 2011 AR3 which was faultless and fantastic but I was keen to try something non-aero.
I swapped the seatpost for a zipp sl speed zero setback, because I have short legs, and put a zipp service course stem on.
I swapped the 105 for Force 22 and put some zipp 303s on there.
My first impressions were fantastic. It's very stiff which makes climbing in the big dog squirm-free. It sprints very very well. I have done several 6-hour rides, parts of which were on rough bluechip asphalt, and its a very forgiving ride.
The front end is stiff and responsive and overall it is a very sure-footed descender. Believe me on that one.
I love riding it. Feels good man.

Amarov

by Amarov

Just bought mine SLR02 yesterday swaping fram a Giant TCR Advanced. Did a 85km training.
First impression vs the Giant.
Stifer.
More responsive.
Very agile.
More confortable on the normal road but doesn't stand big impacts as the Giant.
Both great bikes. Any one that chooses one of these is very well served.

Mine is wheighting around 6.9kg....very nice.
:D

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

bartek

by bartek

Hey,

I have purchased the BMC SLR02 Ultegra. It is a great bike, very stiff and really accelerates . I have found it is incredible to climb with as well. Do not just take my word for it, Bike Radar have nominated it in the top three contenders for bike of the year 2014.
I have actually filmed a video with my BMC SLR02 using the GoPro 3 Black+ and you can see footage of various scenes including climbing, download and cycling along a wooden wharf in Brisbane:
If you type in "BMC SLR02 GoPro Brisbane" the video will appear in youtube

ultyguy

by ultyguy

I was hunting around and I didn't realize that the geo on this is different than the SLR01 so it's not just a matter of using the same mold, it's a different mold all together. Doesn't reduce the value factor but unfortunately the SLR02 geo sets up a bit weird for me.

g32ecs

by g32ecs

ultyguy wrote:I was hunting around and I didn't realize that the geo on this is different than the SLR01 so it's not just a matter of using the same mold, it's a different mold all together. Doesn't reduce the value factor but unfortunately the SLR02 geo sets up a bit weird for me.

I don't know which charts your were looking at but I just checked 01,02 and 03 and they're all the same.

Anyway, just came here to say that I miss my SLR01 and RM01. BMC makes great bikes. Just unfortunate I had to let go of them because they were too big. I still have my SL02 which is my first carbon bike.

ultyguy

by ultyguy