November Bike's New Frame - Review

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

mike
Resident Pro

by mike

Personally I like the colnago sloping frames. A size 45 sloping has a 52 cm top tube viirtuals

ricey155

by ricey155

Good read cheers for sharing, nice frame and nothing wrong with open moulds starley use one in the UK for all there bikes

Nexus 4 kit kat

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

RedViola

by RedViola

Thanks for sharing your experience with the demo bike. I have followed November's growth with interest and I like where they are headed.

Now that you have asserted it's good, it's good enough to criticize. What didn't you like about the frame? Any fork/headset concerns? Do you foresee tire clearance problems? What is the frame's finish quality like (junctions, clear coat, etc)? Is the seat post clamp rubbish? Did/would you take this off-road (cross, gravel) and did/could it take the abuse? Did you ride it in foul weather? How's the drainage?

I get that the owners are your friends, but if a month isn't long enough to find at least one thing annoying about any cycling product, you aren't trying hard enough. Seriously, we're roadies; whining is our birthright. :mrgreen:

Also, over 1K posts on a forum called Weight Weenies and you don't even toss the thing on a scale once!? C'mon man!

xnavalav8r

by xnavalav8r

I remember November making hand-crafted ti frames a couple years ago. They were beautiful. Unless I am confusing them with a different month...

bobalou

by bobalou

Deleted .
Last edited by bobalou on Tue Jun 30, 2015 7:17 am, edited 2 times in total.

gummee

by gummee

I own a Van Dessel Full Tilt Boogie. ...AFAI can tell, its another open mold frame with stickers attached and the price bumped 4x. Rides very nicely too. Its 3 seasons old now and still looks pretty good for a CX race bike.

Raced it last Sun as a matter of fact. Bike rode beautifully, but the pedal/shoe combo let me down in the ice and mud. :cry

HTH

M

RedViola

by RedViola

Thanks for the response, bobalou. My interest was piqued because your original post was the first I'd heard the dojo was out in the wild.

That claimed frame weight seems a little suspicious, as my impression is that the guys seem to prefer their products overbuilt when possible/desirable (as, by the way, do I). Weenies, they ain't...though, in fairness, neither do they claim to be.

I really like the November blog and recommend it--they have interesting things to say about the industry and running a small business--especially during the peak road and cross months, as there is simply more to comment on. The archives make for some good reading.

http://www.novemberbicycles.com/blog/

Tinea Pedis

by Tinea Pedis

As a mod, I'm going to request that if you are going to write up a 'review' on WW you'll be wanting to add the complete bike weight.

Ta :beerchug:

carlislegeorge

by carlislegeorge

gummee wrote:I own a Van Dessel Full Tilt Boogie. ...AFAI can tell, its another open mold frame with stickers attached and the price bumped 4x. Rides very nicely too. Its 3 seasons old now and still looks pretty good for a CX race bike.

Raced it last Sun as a matter of fact. Bike rode beautifully, but the pedal/shoe combo let me down in the ice and mud. :cry

HTH

M

I think that the boys at November pay a lot of attention in selecting their suppliers on the open mold stuff. So it's not just "any" but likely one of the best available. And I'm guessing their mark-up is closer to 2X than 4X, which if anywhere close to the mark is very reasonable by my standards. Disclaimer: I own no November products.
2011 Tarmac Pro SL3 Project Black (gone but not forgotten)
2012 Parlee Z5 SLi (just because)
2014 Colnago C59 (why not)