10 spd SRAM rings with 11 speed shimano drivetrain

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

dmoneysworks

by dmoneysworks

So as the title states, anyone know of a problem with running this combo?

Exact kit will be S975 Quarq PM w/10 spd SRAM TT rings (or a YAW one if I can find a 53 non-hidden 5th bolt) with a shimano 6870/9000 drive train (aka Ultegra di2 FD + 9000 chain).

Anyone know if this will be a "fail" or hrs of enjoyable riding?

Many topics on this. Please, use search

Chello

by Chello

It should work fine. I don't think the 11 speed chain is narrow enough to fall between the chainrings on downshifts. That's the only thing you might have to worry about.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Doolop

by Doolop

It works fine.

Zigmeister

by Zigmeister

As I posted in another thread, I run Sram S975 Riken w/Qrings 52/39, 9070 Di2, CN9000 chain, Sram OG1090 cassette...butter. The only thing I hear is the tire friction on the road it is so quiet and shifts amazing.

Previously used the same crank/rings with Sram Red...no issues. and DuraAce cassette, KMC/Ultegra chains.

No reason it shouldn't work. And Rotor has confirmed this also in an email I sent awhile back to them. Their Rings are 10-11spd compatible, nothing special needed. I know, a bit off your setup, but the theory goes to show that a mix/match of parts can work just fine.

dcpdpayne

by dcpdpayne

I ran an old Force (10 speed) crank with my new Force 22 parts until my new crank came it. It didn't seem to be an issue.