Lightweight, functional and value shoes?

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

deltree

by deltree

What size are you? There are some absolute steals on R1s around.

Milese

by Milese

43.Annoyingly popular.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

djm

by djm

I've been very happy with my DMT Radials, so happy that I recently purchased two pairs off of Competitive Cyclist (40 percent discount at 150 usd per pair). With the Speedplay sole they're fairly light. I find that the velcro closures gives a very good fit. With the Radial 2.0 there is one visible improvement and that is the change of material on the inside of the heel. The new material provides more friction towards the sock and less slippage, not that I've had any problems with that except while walking, which, admittedly I don't do very often ;-)

Total shoe weight with insoles 593 grams (296+297), size 44, no cleats or other hardware.
They are not the lightest, but fairly light and very solid.

I've worn my Radials on many an occasion throughout two seasons and about 25 000 kms of riding, and they are still holding up. They even survived an 8 hour CX ride including 10-20 km of trails with a fair bit of walking on rocks and gravel (should've brought the MTB there!) They've stood up to quite a lot of abuse. The only downside is the heel pads are not replaceable.

I've also used the Prisma 2.0 extensively but they don't fit my foot as good, and the closure system doesn't always provide as much force as I'd prefer and they are trickier to put on and the upper of the shoe is a tad stiff for my liking. When I attempt to tighten the closure system I get uncomfortable pressure points on the top of my foot. I've reserved the Prisma 2.0s for training, whereas in races I prefer to use the Radials which feel like a second skin to my feet.

vdrey

by vdrey

Specialized experts are something like 260-270 grams a shoe and they are quite comfortable

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

mike
Resident Pro

by mike

Hands down, the bont shoes. Super value, heat moldable, very light, super stiff. d

mattr

by mattr

I broke my dmts about the 5th time I used them. No warranty either (as they'd been bought and them left in a box for a year or so.)

LaDolceVita

by LaDolceVita

I would say look into a set of SIDI FIVE shoes. Super nice comfortable, light, yet stiff sole, and SIDI legendary fit. Might be a little more off the bat, but considering they will keep your feet happy for a long time, well worth the extra bucks.
sidiamerica.com, time-sport.com, corima.com, lemondrevolution.com, frmbikeusa.com, lezyne.com, pissei.com, mynchoice.com, saliceocchiali.it, esoles.com

micky

by micky

Milese wrote:43.Annoyingly popular.

I have a pair of Vittoria Unique black color in size 43 for sale, weight around 245gramms per shoes.