Bike traveling box

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

Dalai

by Dalai

1415chris wrote:I have been travelling few times with Polaris EVA. It's very light, lots of space inside, provides enough protection and you don't have to brake the bank to get one. What I dislike about this case is lack of proper handle allowing you to lift it up and roll it with the comfort. Especially when it is stuffed with not only the bike but with all your holiday gear.

That would be my only gripe with the Polaris. I usually just loosen the front strap and hold that and the buckle given the molded handles are near useless...

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

simon
Resident Pro

by simon

+1 on the biknd
after messing around for such a long time i decided i want to feel safe when i unpack my bike after flights
cx bikes took more beating during the travel to worlds in america than during the whole season combined.that's just not cool and then i bought a biknd and have been super happy with it so far.
i like that it doesn't take huge space when i'm not travelling and the packing and covering of everything is not based on how good i remember the way i did it last time, but there's just the one good way to store everything.

FIJIGabe

by FIJIGabe

I haven't seen Scicon bags mentioned here, so I'll chime in. I just completed my third trip with my aerocomfort 2.0 bag. I ride a Trek Madone, size 60, with a 44cm bar. I usually have to twist the bars down a little to clear the bag, but with my present saddle height, I have no problem sealing the bag. Additionally, with all the space in the bag, I can fit all my gear below the downtube, and the wheels fit in their own padded pouches within the bag proper. I can't be happier with the bag, especially since I've seen the way baggage handlers have loaded the bike on the plane, and I can attest to the durability.