Sub 1000g wheelset for 85kg rider

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

Wcl4

by Wcl4

Is there a set that's reliable? I was looking at Enve 1.45 20/24 with Tune Mig 70/Mag 170 or a bit heavier with the Alchemy ELF and ORC UL.

I heard the 1.25 may be a little flexy for a heavier rider. I've also seen the AX Lightness wheels, but I'm a bit leery of how strong those are. I'd like to keep the wheels as still as possible.

As an FYI, I already have a set of Lightweight Gen III standards at 1150g, so if I'm going to spend the money, I would like it be noticeably lighter. The Lightweights are currently on a different bike, and I'd be looking at the ENVEs for a new ultra lightweight project.

Thanks in advance.

Please, :search: (and the correct sub-forum)

viewtopic.php?f=14&t=62998" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=70574" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

etc

Zoro

by Zoro

I *think* you can get this. I raced master tandem on 250kg+ variations (depending on partner) on tubs and stock wheels. While I totally agree you should not set weight as a goal, I was using a 500g 20 hole Nimble Fly as a front wheel, and a Nimble Crosswind 650g front and 750g rear for several years until I broke the first spoke on the fly. Ran Tufo 165 @ 180PSI. We didn't sprint on these or stand up much, but these were good.

Still you are much better off finding the wheel with the ride you want than weight.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com