Misalignment in all campagnolo derailleurs?

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

Bridgeman

by Bridgeman

My Campy Super Record 11 RD is pretty worn out, as is the cassette (been through many). I adjust it such that it shifts without problems going into the smaller cogs, but have to manually (slightly) over shift and hold for an instant as it goes back into the larger ones.

The system worked like a charm when new for the first few years.

Sam

by Sam

Let's make this thread about possible misalignment of Campagnolo rear derailleurs and not about preferences in shifting or longlivety.

Although I do agree that a improper (or even defect) derailleur has a huge impact on shifting.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

ferrarista

by ferrarista

Bridgeman wrote:My Campy Super Record 11 RD is pretty worn out, as is the cassette (been through many). I adjust it such that it shifts without problems going into the smaller cogs, but have to manually (slightly) over shift and hold for an instant as it goes back into the larger ones.

Sounds more like a shifter problem than derailleur. Your shifter must be at the end of its life. Swap for a new replacement body and your shifting will be back like new.

You can no longer rebuild the new shifters. Campy has the replacement bodies with mechanism.
██

Bridgeman

by Bridgeman

ferrarista wrote:
Bridgeman wrote:My Campy Super Record 11 RD is pretty worn out, as is the cassette (been through many). I adjust it such that it shifts without problems going into the smaller cogs, but have to manually (slightly) over shift and hold for an instant as it goes back into the larger ones.

Sounds more like a shifter problem than derailleur. Your shifter must be at the end of its life. Swap for a new replacement body and your shifting will be back like new.

You can no longer rebuild the new shifters. Campy has the replacement bodies with mechanism.

Very good advice. Thanks!