That beautiful tuned red anodized Dura Ace rear mech

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

WMW
in the industry

by WMW

prendrefeu wrote:And if anyone else here missed it: apparently a SRAM 10x RD pairs perfectly with Campagnolo SR11 shifters.

What does it shift properly? And did they measure it or just say "it seems to work"?
formerly rruff...

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

prendrefeu

by prendrefeu

The builder states (only in one line, not much elaboration) that the SR11 shifters and the SRAM 10x RD shifts "absolutely smooth" and "hakelfrei"... which is issue free, no adjustments needed, no hiccups/skips... no issues, basically.
The cassette he is using is 11spd.

If you think about it, it does make sense: the only thing really determining distance of movement on the RD is the shifter. The RD is just a slave to what the shifter wants to do: the shifter tells the RD how far to move and in which direction, that's it.

I wonder if anyone has tried pairing a SRAM shifter to a Campagnolo rear derailleur?
Or mixing all three brands a bit more?

Something to investigate.
Exp001 || Other projects in the works.

mattr

by mattr

It's been investigated. You just have to search.

The differing pull ratios put paid to many/most combinations unless you use adaptors/travel agents etc. So your statement that motion is only dependant on the shifter is incorrect.

prendrefeu

by prendrefeu

Cool, I'll search, and I'm probably wrong. :)

But it's working for that guy apparently.
Exp001 || Other projects in the works.

WMW
in the industry

by WMW

Rear mechs have different movement to cable pull ratios. I'm using C11 shifters and a DA rear derailleur to shift S9.

Zinn at Velonews claimed that C10 shifter and a Red mech shifted S10 well... which would indicate that C10 and SR10 shifters pull about the same amount of cable. So it makes sense that C11 and SR11 would be close. Others who tried to replicate Zinn's setup didn't always like it though.
formerly rruff...

Ypsylon

by Ypsylon

prendrefeu wrote:The builder states (only in one line, not much elaboration) that the SR11 shifters and the SRAM 10x RD shifts "absolutely smooth" and "hakelfrei"... which is issue free, no adjustments needed, no hiccups/skips... no issues, basically.
The cassette he is using is 11spd.

They say they did change the geometry of the RD slightly, though.
"Nothing compares to the simple pleasures of a bike ride," said John F. Kennedy, a man who had the pleasure of Marilyn Monroe.