Continous Cannondale Evo Problems and tragicomical warranty

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

Andrew69

by Andrew69

MNX1024 wrote: Thank god I'm not considering a Cannondale anymore. The Evo was on my list of bikes that I wanted to get when shopping for a new one.

It was very high on my list of a possible new purchase, but between the stories Ive read on WW and some of the experiences friend's of friends have had with the local distributor, I wouldnt touch one now.

Mind you Orbea were just as bad as with warranty as well....

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

bombertodd

by bombertodd

I kind of skimmed the thread but did the OP actually contact Cannondale or did he let the LBS? I find it extremely odd for this to happen. I wonder if the LBS is mixing in fake frames for bigger margins. There have been a few shops pulling this move.

Boralb

by Boralb

bombertodd wrote:I kind of skimmed the thread but did the OP actually contact Cannondale or did he let the LBS? I find it extremely odd for this to happen. I wonder if the LBS is mixing in fake frames for bigger margins. There have been a few shops pulling this move.

I contacted both.. First i contacted to my dealer in Turkey, but they didn't want to help me this time(4th time)
Owner of the dealer claimed 2 reasons to me..
1-)He didn't want to see and accept the defect this time, although everybody else in the shop, including the mechanics have identified the problem.
Wheel was obviously sitting the dropouts off center, similar to my first frame.
2-)Becuase of my previous 4 warrantied frame's shipment charges, they were in a loss! And they couldn't have attempt to contact cannonfail one more time.

I also directly wrote to cannonfail (cyclingsportsgroup), but they didn't even reply to me this time.

Now i have 2 more cannonfails to sell, although they don't have any problems.
The problem is, i just don't believe and trust their fake 'lifetime warrany' anymore!

My next road frame will probably be the new tarmac s-works or focus izalco max

And here is my 4th warrantied defective cannonfail evo himod frameset as a team version, which i've posted the pictures to cyclinggroup distrubitors last time.
As i declared earlier, their lifetime warranty has finally ended, even without riding it.

ToffieBoi

by ToffieBoi

I really wonder what is wrong with the rear triangle. What causes the offcenter wheel?
Is one leg shorter than the other, or they just assembled the legs without checking the alignment?

In both cases, those defects are unacceptable and totally changed my mind about the brand. I already didn't like the brand, because of the dealer in Turkey, but not for sure my next bike will not be a SuperSix or Caad10. This topic itself was able to change my mind, since I was planning to have a cannondale next year.

rijndael

by rijndael

ToffieBoi wrote:I already didn't like the brand, because of the dealer in Turkey

Wait .... you formed an opinion about a brand because of someone, who's independent, that sells the product? I don't follow that logic.

ToffieBoi

by ToffieBoi

rijndael wrote:
ToffieBoi wrote:I already didn't like the brand, because of the dealer in Turkey

Wait .... you formed an opinion about a brand because of someone, who's independent, that sells the product? I don't follow that logic.

They are the people I have to communicate before the purchase, during the purchase and after if there is a problem.
Because I think they are not trustable about those warranty issues, I wasn't planning to buy one. I knew that they will let me down if something happens.
Here is an example in that topic.

That's the reason, I didn't want to buy a bike from them :)

Why I don't like the brand, because they should chose the dealers more carefully. I believe the dealers are really dependent the brand since they are the ones that customer directly communicate. It's the same here with Trek. The dealer here is a piece of %!&? and the brand reputation is on the ground.

That's my opinion about companies and dealers.

Boralb

by Boralb

Firstly, Turkey is not only the country that have problems with cannonfail. You can search for multiple threads and posts from various locations across the world.

Second, defects and problems are not limited with the rear triangle only! Please see the first page on this thread(as different defect)
And my second warrantied frame with a cracked seattube, just after few rides!, which is an another different defect!

Probably i haven't posted it and shared with you.

Please see the cannonfails reply to me, for my 2nd faulty, cracked frame!
With my 2nd warrantied cracked frame, at the begining, they didn't want to accept the defect and just offered me a crash replacement frame %50 off the price.
Of course i didn't accept it and contacted cannonfail directly. After my mail, they had changed their reply, and accepted that their frame was defective!
Below is the first and last reply from cannonfail earlier, explaining the defects with details, on my taken pictures...

"After further investigation I would like to inform you that we are replacing your current frame under warranty by a new one.
It is a manufacturing defect, so technically it qualifies as a warranty."

Edit: I'm not saying here that, my dealer is honest. But cannonfail is not honest too.
At least they should have replied to my mail, after knowing all these bad experiences.

asv

by asv

I know at least 10 people with Evos including me. Zero issues. I never had an issue with the cannondale warranty process too.

bombertodd

by bombertodd

I've heard of plenty of Cannondale warranty issues. Usually it's something to do with replacing the frame with a different color (think ugly color) or it took months to get a replacement.

For what it's worth, one LBS (big Cannondale dealer) brags about Cannondale warranty. They said they had a few employees that cracked their super six's and Cannondale upgraded their frame to the Evo's. They thought that was a selling point I guess. I'd rather have a frame that I'm not expecting to need warranty service.

sharkman

by sharkman

My next road frame will probably be the new tarmac s-works or focus izalco max

Don't know abou the focus but Specialized for certain isn't better than Cannondale (at least over here maybe in Turkey it's different)

A frame is just as good as the seller / distributor that sells the frameset. Over here there aren't that many complaints about the EVO since both
the distributor and bikeshops controll the framesets before delivery (probably one of the reasons they stopped selling framesets).
Although this extra control shouldn't be nescesary the only thing they garanty by doing so is keeping customers happy that invest a serious amount of money in a frameset.

All I can say is that Cannondale itself obwiously has a big quality problem and buyin an evo in turkey proves nothing more than receiving and pushing a closed
frameboxes towards the customer (which makes it basically nothing more than the chance of buying a good no name alibaba frame at max. 1/5 th of the price of an evo).