Lexus NXB mountain bike w/ triathlon extensions...

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

elviento

by elviento

I realize this is the road forum, but this seems to be a MTB/triathlon mix.
Fast falcons: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j3mTPEuFcWk" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
www.falcobike.com
Facebook: falcobikeglobal

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

gpeterson63

by gpeterson63

All that "aero" ruined by a big ol' triple tree fork :shock:

Ozrider

by Ozrider

Wow, an all purpose bike, you can use it as a road bike, MTB and Time Trial bike. Just like a cheap multi tool, promises to do everything but does nothing well.
Ozrider - Western Australia
Parlee Z5 XL (6055g/13.32lbs) Trek Madone 5.9 (7052-7500g)Jonesman Columbus Spirit (8680g)
Chase your dreams - it's only impossible until it's done

Ravnsnaes

by Ravnsnaes

As pointless as the average SUV then...

trychle

by trychle

Triathlon extensions can also be found on my mountainbike.
They are really nice for longer training rides in the winter when there is snow etc..

euan

by euan

Looks exactly like a Trek Y Foil

There is even a picture out there with one and the 4 spoke wheels.

shoemakerpom2010

by shoemakerpom2010

euan wrote:Looks exactly like a Trek Y Foil

There is even a picture out there with one and the 4 spoke wheels.

Its funny I had the Y Foil and as cool as it looked the non flexing carbon frame just about rattled my shoulders apart, terrible concept....

budgetweenie

by budgetweenie

The main cool thing about this thing is how the frame is made. The Lexus works utilize a 3-d braider instead of laying up sheets of carbon fiber.

I can see staggering weight weenie implications using this new generation of manufacturing technology...

Here's an article http://dailykanban.com/2013/11/20/lexus ... le-making/

stella-azzurra

by stella-azzurra

I for one would like to see someone TT down a MTB trail.
I never took drugs to improve my performance at any time. I will be willing to stick my finger into a polygraph test if anyone with big media pull wants to take issue. If you buy a signed poster now it will not be tarnished later. --Graeme Obree

BeeSeeBee

by BeeSeeBee

budgetweenie wrote:The main cool thing about this thing is how the frame is made. The Lexus works utilize a 3-d braider instead of laying up sheets of carbon fiber.

I can see staggering weight weenie implications using this new generation of manufacturing technology...

Here's an article http://dailykanban.com/2013/11/20/lexus ... le-making/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

That's essentially the same process as the Impec (Link Link), which from what I recall turned out to be a rather porky frame. Also this and this.

I'm no engineer, but I can't see how this process wouldn't create a lot of excess/redundant material compared to traditional layups (e.g. if you need a few layers for impact protection on the top and bottom of the chainstay, how would this weaving process not add additional material to the inside and outside as well?)

LouisN

by LouisN

Off to the freaks topic... :lol:

Louis :)

elviento

by elviento

Layup is actuall very cool because it's so easy to mix and match different cloth to achieve the desired result. Braiding, won't be so easy, you can't just seamlessly slip a section of M60J into the threads. Maybe that's why the Impec uses lugs... I am still not convinced by braiding, other than the cool visual effect of the machine at work.

budgetweenie wrote:The main cool thing about this thing is how the frame is made. The Lexus works utilize a 3-d braider instead of laying up sheets of carbon fiber.
Fast falcons: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j3mTPEuFcWk" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
www.falcobike.com
Facebook: falcobikeglobal

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

TimmS

by TimmS

I like the way those handlebars are mounted, never seen it done that way before.
Could be interesting to get low on 29'rs