Ti cassette for SRAM/shimano 11 speed

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

vitriol

by vitriol

Anyone know if they exist? Or if there are plans to make some? If not, what is the lightest available, even if it is not Ti?

Thanks!

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

boots2000

by boots2000

I would say that the Red22 cassette is as light or lighter than anything you could make out of ti.

UpFromOne

by UpFromOne

Several low-volume brands are on eBay. for example:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/RED2-TR-SUPER-L ... 5af5612a2a

You might do a search for your desired cog range, and include the word "titanium" in the search.
Hope that helps.

neeb

by neeb

boots2000 wrote:I would say that the Red22 cassette is as light or lighter than anything you could make out of ti.
+1, and it will be far more durable. It's seriously light at 151g for an 11-25, and all cogs but the largest one are steel. Also, interestingly, the cog spacing for all 11sp cassettes (whether from SRAM, Shimano or Campagnolo) is more or less identical, so they are all interchangeable as long as you have a wheel with a compatible freehub. I'm actually thinking of running the Red 22 cassette with my Campagnolo setup when I next need to change my cassette.

<edit> Well, Ok, the Ti cassette linked above is even lighter, but it will wear out in no time.
<edit 2> Actually, the cassette above is alu with a Ti coating... Cheese might be better. Perhaps something reasonably hard, like a Gruyère or even a Parmesan.

rmerka

by rmerka

I was a little miffed that the Red 22 cassette was so expensive but I went ahead and got one anyway. When I laid hands on it I must say, what a beautiful piece of engineering to be so light and yet made of steel, and all one piece except for the 11 cog. I think it's great now and when I wear it out one day it'll make a great paperweight!

bm0p700f
in the industry

by bm0p700f

Not much of a paper weight though.

voodoojar

by voodoojar

recon makes a full ti 11 speed cassette with aluminium spider. they are light and shift very nicely. they last fairly well too I've had one of the, on my road bike and put and this is just an estimate 4k miles on it before it was shifting poorly enough to replace it.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

vitriol

by vitriol

Exactly what I needed to know. Thanks a lot! I'll probably go with the red 22 one.

:thumbup: :beerchug: