Pinarello Paris sizing recommendations

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

tazik

by tazik

I want to buy a Paris and I'am torn between sizes. I recognize riding each size is the optimal approach here but would appreciate your feedback as well.
I am (175.5cm) Are more people of this height with equal proportions riding a 56 or 57.5?
Bianchi Oltre

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

ScuderiaDouroux

by ScuderiaDouroux

I'm just over 180cm tall with normal proportions and ride a 55cm with 120mm stem in Pinarello. My father is almost my exact height and rides a 56cm Paris (with less seatpost showing and shorter stem, of course). My 55cm looks like the better fitting frame.

I would think both sizes you mentioned are a little large for you. You might try looking at 54 and 55cm frames instead.
Long live the horizontal top tube, standard crankset, and Italian threaded bottom bracket.

Oswald

by Oswald

At 1m75 I would recommend not going over 55.

tazik

by tazik

Thanks a lot! Im wondering with 59cm frame- is it for person over 2 meters high...?
Bianchi Oltre

synthesis

by synthesis

ScuderiaDouroux wrote:I'm just over 180cm tall with normal proportions and ride a 55cm with 120mm stem in Pinarello. My father is almost my exact height and rides a 56cm Paris (with less seatpost showing and shorter stem, of course). My 55cm looks like the better fitting frame.

I would think both sizes you mentioned are a little large for you. You might try looking at 54 and 55cm frames instead.

Agreed, I´m 183cm and ride a 55cm Pinarello Prince SL, fits me fine.

jekyll man

by jekyll man

Im your height or thereabouts.
Had an older paris.
Size 51.5
Could go 1 size up; only 10mm longer but the headtube is quite a bit higher.
No way should you be looking at anything bigger...
Official cafe stop tester

DMF

by DMF

As per usual, matching overall body length with effective top tube length is just waaay to simplistic for a proper fit, it will perhaps get you in the ballpark of three sizes to choose from. As the OP already has an Oltre, I suggest the OP compares stack, reach and STA with that.

"I'm 1.75 and ride a 54" says nothing, two different 54cm frames can differ 2cm in reach... I.e one 54cm frame is equal fit to another 52cm frame... Stack height may also vary several cm, and you may not be able to get the seat in the right position if the STA differs too much in either direction... If you're using a 10mm setback post with a 74 degree STA and get a 71 degree STA, you'd be out of luck and an inline post wouldn't help you.

jekyll man

by jekyll man

Yes im more than aware of that DMF, but the original post asks about 56 or 57.5cm frames.
Every single post in reply basically is saying he's going to be waaaay out for his size (unless he has a very unusual body shape)

Hopefully we can save the OP a lot of money and a lot of grief from buying something that is unsuitable :thumbup:
Official cafe stop tester

DMF

by DMF

Just saying, one manufacturers 56 is anothers 54... One manufacturers 56 may even be another ones 58. And femur length + arm length really comes into play here, something which neither body length nor inseam says anything about. Differences in femur length will determine you position over the BB and that position may vary several centimeters between equally tall people, that's the same as several centimeters of difference in top tube length (or reach, to be more specific).

I agree that it sounds like a 57,5cm frame sounds typically to big for the OP. But that is one thing, basing a decision on what the actually correct size might be based on so little information, is a completely different matter. It just can't be done as you're pretty much shooting in the dark.

The OP needs to bring on a lot more information, or even visit a proper bike fitter.

5 8 5

by 5 8 5

@tazik

It would be better if you could post pics of your current setup with size of frame, spacers, stem etc

Wcl4

by Wcl4

Rough guideline: 178cm height 83cm inseam 53 dogma 2 110mm stem. More of a race fit. I would have gone with more spacers to go relaxed or a 54.

Pinarello also runs on the large side.

bombertodd

by bombertodd

When I test rode a few Pinarello's I liked the 51.5. I'm 173cm tall.

HakanC

by HakanC

DMF wrote: As the OP already has an Oltre, I suggest the OP compares stack, reach and STA with that.

From: http://www.pinarello.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

http://www.slowtwitch.com/stackreach/road.php" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://www.competitivecyclist.com/za/CC ... AND.ID=540" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

/Håkan
SWEDEN

audiojan

by audiojan

You're about to spend a fair bit of money and you're going to guess if it fits or not?! It's your money, so your choice, but I would most definitely have a bike fit first so make sure I would end up with a frame that works well for me. Yes, you can play with stem length, rise, etc., but the more extreme you get, the more you will affect the balance and hence the handling of the bike.

Height btw. is a really poor indicator of fit. You can have two people of exactly the same height fitting two different frame sizes from the same brand/model, just differences in core strength, flexibility, distances and terrain they ride in, riding experience, athletic background, prior/current injuries/issues, etc. etc. etc.
"Suddenly the thought struck me; my floor is someone elses ceiling" - Nils Ferlin

dmp

by dmp

what audiojan said. (I'm 172cm and ride a 50cm Paris with a 120mm stem; 51.5 fit almost as well)

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com