Cracked bearing caps on American Classic Micro front hub

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

Grimpeur

by Grimpeur

I had a wheel built around a American Classic Micro front hub, however recently the plastic flanges that seperate the bearings from the fork dropouts have started to crumble, making the wheel unusable as the bearings are now directly compressed when clamped by the fork..

I emailed AC about this, but got no reply. My lbs didn't have a solution either.. anyone have any idea if this is fixable?
This is my Bike. There are many like it, but this one is mine. Without me, my bike is useless. Without my bike, I am useless.

xnavalav8r

by xnavalav8r

You can buy small parts directly from the AC website. I would recommend giving them a call. They are a small company with great people. I am certain they will take care of you. Yours may be one of hundreds of emails awaiting a reply, but a phonecall is answered right away.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

stella-azzurra

by stella-azzurra

If you cannot find the replacement part then you could try to find a washer or two that can take it's place.
I never took drugs to improve my performance at any time. I will be willing to stick my finger into a polygraph test if anyone with big media pull wants to take issue. If you buy a signed poster now it will not be tarnished later. --Graeme Obree

lannes

by lannes

Which model hubs do you have, the micro 68 is no longer supported,

http://amclassic.com/download/manuals/i ... nt_hub.pdf

Grimpeur

by Grimpeur

Thanks guys. I have the 58 model, so the part should be replacable. Dont see it listed for sale on the website though? so will give them a call then.
This is my Bike. There are many like it, but this one is mine. Without me, my bike is useless. Without my bike, I am useless.