Scott Foil Internal Di2 Routing, Internal Battery Questions

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

Zigmeister

by Zigmeister

So, I got a Team edition, and decided to move to Di2. So I'm looking to pickup a Foil 15 or Premium frameset.

I have the Shimano 9070 kit sitting here in my room hooked up and playing with it and need some info/help if the frame can even do an internal seat post/downtube setup.

I can't find any info how the internal wires are accessed. Are all the tubes accessible through the bottom bracket with the crankset removed to access to all the tubes to run the wires? That includes the down/seat tube for an internal battery setup?

Mystery to me since the bottom has no access like the mechanical frame for the FD/RD cables which you fish through.

Any explanation/help appreciated on this. I swear I've searched high/low and nothing on the intrawebz describing.

Thanks.

XCProMD

by XCProMD

Pics of the inside of the BB cluster. As most frames these days, the Foil has a one piece downtube-chainstays unit. Ther's a hole as you can see that gives access to the ST. Otherwise, water in the ST would have no way out.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Zigmeister

by Zigmeister

Gotcha..thanks for the photo of that. Plenty of room to get the 2 Di2 cables, seat tube battery, and FD in that hole.

Appreciate it!

dha

by dha

Yes plenty of room but it is a bit of a pain getting the wires to come out as there are no guides inside the tubes for wires. I used string to pull the cables through in the end, it took a while but it did work .

audiojan

by audiojan

Get the Campagnolo installation wire kit… makes it very easy to fish the cables though the frame (utilizing the magnet to guide it to where you want it). Yes, works great for Di2 as well.
"Suddenly the thought struck me; my floor is someone elses ceiling" - Nils Ferlin

Zigmeister

by Zigmeister

Got it all wired. Didnt need anything special to get it done, took all of 30 minutes taking my time.

Just wrapped the battery in some small bubble wrap with tape. Also rigged a piece of cable liner as a pull cord, and stuffed it all down the seat tube as low as possible, just so it is not loose, yet can pull the battery up if ever needed. Worked out great.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com