HOT: Active* forum members generally gain 5% discount at starbike.com store!
Weight Weenies
* FAQ    * Search    * Trending Topics
* Login   * Register
HOME Listings Articles FAQ Contact About

PostPosted: Sat Nov 16, 2013 11:16 pm 

So, I got a Team edition, and decided to move to Di2. So I'm looking to pickup a Foil 15 or Premium frameset.

I have the Shimano 9070 kit sitting here in my room hooked up and playing with it and need some info/help if the frame can even do an internal seat post/downtube setup.

I can't find any info how the internal wires are accessed. Are all the tubes accessible through the bottom bracket with the crankset removed to access to all the tubes to run the wires? That includes the down/seat tube for an internal battery setup?

Mystery to me since the bottom has no access like the mechanical frame for the FD/RD cables which you fish through.

Any explanation/help appreciated on this. I swear I've searched high/low and nothing on the intrawebz describing.

Thanks.

Posted: Sat Nov 16, 2013 11:16 pm 

PostPosted: Sun Nov 17, 2013 10:12 pm 

Pics of the inside of the BB cluster. As most frames these days, the Foil has a one piece downtube-chainstays unit. Ther's a hole as you can see that gives access to the ST. Otherwise, water in the ST would have no way out.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 18, 2013 8:34 pm 

Gotcha..thanks for the photo of that. Plenty of room to get the 2 Di2 cables, seat tube battery, and FD in that hole.

Appreciate it!

PostPosted: Tue Nov 19, 2013 10:21 am 

Yes plenty of room but it is a bit of a pain getting the wires to come out as there are no guides inside the tubes for wires. I used string to pull the cables through in the end, it took a while but it did work .

PostPosted: Tue Nov 19, 2013 11:09 am 

Get the Campagnolo installation wire kit… makes it very easy to fish the cables though the frame (utilizing the magnet to guide it to where you want it). Yes, works great for Di2 as well.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 23, 2013 9:35 pm 

Got it all wired. Didnt need anything special to get it done, took all of 30 minutes taking my time.

Just wrapped the battery in some small bubble wrap with tape. Also rigged a piece of cable liner as a pull cord, and stuffed it all down the seat tube as low as possible, just so it is not loose, yet can pull the battery up if ever needed. Worked out great.

Posted: Sat Nov 23, 2013 9:35 pm