Parlee ESX Aero

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

Ozrider

by Ozrider

Fairwheel bikes posted some pics this morning of the new Parlee ESX Aero frame set.
http://fairwheelbikes.com/c/forums/topi ... -frameset/

Ozrider - Western Australia
Parlee Z5 XL (6055g/13.32lbs) Trek Madone 5.9 (7052-7500g)Jonesman Columbus Spirit (8680g)
Chase your dreams - it's only impossible until it's done

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

kac

by kac

I'm sure it's a super nice ride but something about the aesthetics doesn't appeal to me. I much prefer traditional tubing on Parlee bikes.

Wingnut

by Wingnut

I like it...just not the rear brake position...

Calnago
In Memoriam

by Calnago

Ok, I'll say it... aero or not, that is one ugly bicycle.
Colnago C64 - The Naked Build; Colnago C60 - PR99; Trek Koppenberg - Where Emonda and Domane Meet;
Unlinked Builds (searchable): Colnago C59 - 5 Years Later; Trek Emonda SL Campagnolo SR; Special Colnago EPQ

btompkins0112

by btompkins0112

I think it is rather attractive for an aero bike. Most aero bikes (S5, Felt AR, etc.) are not aesthetically pleasing to me. This isn't the most beautiful bike, but it ain't the ugliest, for sure! I'd ride it.

Calnago
In Memoriam

by Calnago

It's a bicycle in puberty, confused and unsure. Am I aero, am I not, what are these humps growing on my body? Help me, help me!
Colnago C64 - The Naked Build; Colnago C60 - PR99; Trek Koppenberg - Where Emonda and Domane Meet;
Unlinked Builds (searchable): Colnago C59 - 5 Years Later; Trek Emonda SL Campagnolo SR; Special Colnago EPQ

michaelten

by michaelten

not the best looking bike I have seen, the flattish sections around the head tube look odd

wojchiech

by wojchiech

is the bend upwards on the toptube an aero benefit, a 'old inflexible geometry' benefit, or a combination of both? :lol:

elviento

by elviento

Certainly a bit of a stretch to say it's attractive looking. And maybe Cervelo or someone will buy one to do a side-by-side test to produce actual data, but from a quick eyeball I suspect it's not very aero either.
Fast falcons: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j3mTPEuFcWk" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
www.falcobike.com
Facebook: falcobikeglobal

fitty4

by fitty4

If you hold the hand over the front end then it's very pretty, ugly lumps and fork

DMF

by DMF

I fail to see the reasoning behind the seat tube/seat post design. Seems to me like all the comfort cons of an actual aero post but non of the aero pros? Maybe the part beneath the rail clamp flexes a bit... But if you're going for unforgiving shapes you might as well hug the rear wheel, no?

Agreed on the puberty comment... Am I aero? Nailed it...

I actually like the top tube though, if you remove the lid and slam the stem so it sits infront of the hump, and you'd have to with that monster of a head tube. And I like the down tube, where you can actually be most aero with a conventional bottle, makes sense for an everyday bike...

kgt

by kgt

It' sad when marketing hits even builders like Parlee...

jekyll man

by jekyll man

is it a balloon dog gone wrong?
:unbelievable:
Official cafe stop tester

NealH

by NealH

It certainly appears to have a healthy size head tube which would seem a bit out of place on a aero bike. Maybe its very narrow though. Or perhaps this is the tall head tube aero option.

DMF

by DMF

It's a dentist tube for sure.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com