Parlee ESX Aero

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

Ahillock

by Ahillock

The only reason a few members are showing love to the Parlee, considering purchasing one or did purchase one, is because of the name on the frame. If this bike was made by another company, I doubt it would even receive a few votes of approval. The frame is so hideous looking, I'm not sure the way it rides makes up for it. Plenty of other frames that ride great that also look great.

They might think they have something unique here and were thinking outside of the box, but my oh my it is one ugly bike. I will call it that Pontiac Aztek of the cycling world. Parlee Aztek is its new name.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

bombertodd

by bombertodd

I don't think it's an ugly bike... :noidea:

spdntrxi

by spdntrxi

it truly is better looking in the flesh... must be seen to appreciate it... and no I don't own one, but I did just get a Z5i this week.
2024 BMC TeamMachine R Building
2018 BMC TImeMachine Road
2002 Moots Compact-SL- getting aero look makeover
2019 Parlee Z0XD - "classified"
2023 Pivot E-Vault - completed project, full Xplr package

kode54

by kode54

Ahillock wrote:The only reason a few members are showing love to the Parlee, considering purchasing one or did purchase one, is because of the name on the frame. If this bike was made by another company, I doubt it would even receive a few votes of approval. The frame is so hideous looking, I'm not sure the way it rides makes up for it. Plenty of other frames that ride great that also look great.

They might think they have something unique here and were thinking outside of the box, but my oh my it is one ugly bike. I will call it that Pontiac Aztek of the cycling world. Parlee Aztek is its new name.

not so. if you've ever ridden a Parlee, regardless of model, i think you would know that they ride great.
- Factor Ostro VAM Disc
- Factor LS Disc
- Specialized Aethos Disc
- Sturdy Ti Allroad Disc
- Guru Praemio R Disc

djconnel

by djconnel

"... if another company made the same bike with the same low weight, excellent wind tunnel data, fantastic workmanship, and great ride, I'm not sure they would get the same credit. Obviously the only reason people like this is because of the name."

Errr....

I did a 50-miler on this bike and I really liked it, other than the mega-stack configuration with which I was set up (it was a demo bike and there apparently wasn't time to remove the stack extender). The irony of it was that the stackmania likely removed any aerodynamic benefit, but I did notice it handled very nicely in cross-winds. I thought it was very nice.

derrickmurray

by derrickmurray

New Rig

schroeds

by schroeds

Hey guys I have TWO ESK seat posts for sale of anybody needs one, each with a different offset (I don't have the zero offset).

If aybody's interested let me know. cheers