Bianchi Oltre XR2

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

RippedUp

by RippedUp

Hi all,

I have been thinking of adding a new frame to stand along my Z1 and been eyeing the new Oltre XR2.

Anyone ridden one? Would love to read some feedback on the ride and detail/finish of the frame.

Thanks!

Clubagreenie

by Clubagreenie

If you have a Z1 you will be disappointed .
I test rode a Doggie and a C59 .... Went and tested a XR2 and the Colnago had it all over them for me. It handled well and felt stiff however it just didn't have $3500 more stiffness / handling than the others ...an inflated ego built on an old name.
2012 KUOTA KOM Team Edition Campag SR11 .....My mistress
2012 RIDLEY HELIUM being built up ....

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

bigvern

by bigvern

Ok - so I've got an argon18 e114 and argon 18 gallium pro 2012.
The e114 is as stiff as a farm gate and I love stiff bikes, I was going to get a argon18 gallium pro 2014 until I test rode the XR2, it is stiffer than the gallium pro and corners really well.
The finish - hard to compare as I don't look closely myself but I think its super neat and have the di-2 battery inside, compared to a giant propel the finish is 10/10

http://s745.photobucket.com/user/big_ve ... ltre%20XR2

Martin.F

by Martin.F

FWIW I love my oltre 1 coming off a Cervelo s2. I feel more confident in the downhills on my Oltre, I have a much deeper drop, it feels 100x more comfortable yet plenty stiff (could ask for a little bit stiffer for my 1400w ish sprints though). The finish of the frame is superb, and the paint is beautiful.

VNTech

by VNTech

Latest version of the Oltre is a massive step up from the last. It's among the first frames that Bianchi released following a pretty substantial new investment in R&D, definitely shows. I quite like the ride. Handling is impeccable, stiffness is good, comfort ain't bad either.
VeloNews Magazine/VeloNews.com tech

davidalone

by davidalone

It's a nice bike. On par with its contemporaries in its price class. StiffNess and weight are good and it's a very comfortable bike for an out and out racer.

Handling wise Its a smooth, gentle bike. Not as flickable as a crit racer but a very capable all-rounder. more ferrari than mustang muscle car ( think smooth power rather than WOOMPH.)

finish is fantastic. flawless. and I love how it looks. but I ride a bianchi, so I may be biased. overall I think it's a good bike. may be a tad expensive at MSRP tho.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

ianSWBB
Shop Wrench

by ianSWBB

We have had a test ride on the XR2. Last time we had a go on a Bianchi was with the original Oltre - and had forgotten how nice they are!

Everything you want from an Italian bike - smooth sleek lines, classic colour schemes - the ride was good. With the new XR2 they have achieved a difficult feat, which is to have a ride which is both smooth and easy, so it feels like you can sit in the saddle all day - but when you want raw power acceleration, it is stiff enough to give it to you straight away

If you are wanting a tip-top all rounder, from a manufacturer with a long classy cycling heritage, then you won't go far wrong or be disappointed by the Oltre XR2!

Good luck & let us know what you go for :D

regards
ianSWBB