Weight Weenies
* FAQ    * Search    * Trending Topics
* Login   * Register
HOME Listings Blog NEW Galleries NEW FAQ Contact About
It is currently Sun Aug 28, 2016 11:48 am
Recently the board software has been updated and there are some known bugs/failures:
- Avatars are currently not being displayed ✔ FIXED
- Tapatalk connection is currently broken ✔ FIXED
- Avatars cannot be uploaded ✔ FIXED

Please note that we will soon do some changes in WW board template design in case to get a fully mobile/desktop responsiveness board!
If you find more errors please post it here: http://weightweenies.starbike.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=139062

All times are UTC+01:00

PostPosted: Sat Nov 09, 2013 2:24 am 

Hello everyone, so im having a heck of a problem. My new felt frameset came with the felt branded kcnc expander plug that felt uses, the thing that makes the kcnc plug unique is the fact it does not have a bolt to tighten the plug inside the steerer it just relies on using the collar on top of the expander being turned to tighten the plug. Now no matter what i do i cannot get the plug to expand tight enough in the steerer for it to stay put. The collar is very thin and difficult to get any king of force on to tighten it. Ive tried using friction paste on the outside of the plug/inside the steerer but no matter what i do i can not get it tight enough in the steerer. Now i know that there is some way to do this, there are tons of felt bikes with this expander out there but i can not figure it out. Anyone that has the felt expander or is using the kcnc please help

PostPosted: Sat Nov 09, 2013 3:41 am 

I had the same problem using a KCNC on my Addict. I finally gave up and used a Token. It works great.
Like this:

PostPosted: Sat Nov 09, 2013 11:28 am 

You use a thin (3 or 4 mm?) hex key to expand the plug while it's in the steerer tube.
(look at the bottom of the plug and all will be clear.)

Can't be certain, but I think you need to turn it counter clockwise.