Novatec F582SB: Hubs From Hell

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

Valbrona
Location: United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland

by Valbrona

My problems with this rear hub continue. The axle is now broken after two/three months of light usage and needs replacing. I am posting here because Novatec company policy is not to respond to end user enquiries in respect of problems like this, and there is seemingly a lack of information on servicing these hubs on the internet.

1/ Okay ... I remove each of the sidecaps. I pull off the freehub body. The axle is now still sitting in the hub shell, with both ends sticking out either side - but how do I get the axle out? It is held firm.

2/ Anyone know if an F482SB axle and an F582SB axle are one and the same thing?

Thanks folks.
Last edited by Valbrona on Fri Nov 08, 2013 2:05 am, edited 1 time in total.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

rich00

by rich00

Hi, you will need to remove one bearing from either end as this is what's holding the axle in place. This also means pressing in the bearing again once you have fitted the new axle. Make sure you have the right tools to press the bearing in again.

Valbrona
Location: United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland

by Valbrona

Yup. I got it. You whack the DS end of the axle with a hammer to drive out the NDS bearing, and then you whack the other end of the axle to drive out the DS bearing.

Anyone know if F482SB and F582SB axle is one/same thing? Thanks.

wrcompositi

by wrcompositi

Valbrona wrote:Yup. I got it. You whack the DS end of the axle with a hammer to drive out the NDS bearing, and then you whack the other end of the axle to drive out the DS bearing.

Anyone know if F482SB and F582SB axle is one/same thing? Thanks.

Yes, they are exchangeable, F482 has Shimano cassette body and F582 is for Campy, otherwise they are the same.