Weight - Cannondale Synapse Disc and BMC Granfondo GF02 Disc

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

cwar

by cwar

I am looking for a foul weather commuter and backup bike, a bike that can accept fenders. I live in Seattle so foul weather means a lot of rain. I'm considering an alloy road bike with disc's. Although overall weight is not a critical decision point for me, it is a factor. Does anyone know the weight of the Cannondale Synapse Disc (Alloy Version). Either the 105 or Ultegra build. Also, I'm interested in the BMC Granfondo GF02 Disc (either the 105 or Ultegra build).

My hope is I don't get flamed on this forum since this is a weight weenies forum after all. Also, I have done some extensive searching and found one claim that the GF02 105 is 18.7 pounds.

AussieRider

by AussieRider

My wife's GF02 105 (52cm) is about 8.5 kgs out of the box plus peddles

You could easily loose some weight by changing saddle and particularly the wheels but as an all weather commuter/trainer why bother

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Deev

by Deev

How about a Lynskey? I've got a Sportive Di2C with hydraulics, mudguards (fenders) and dynamo lights. Not light, but the dynamo, lights and winter wheels add a fair amount of weight.

I ride in the UK and chose titanium as my last bike turned into a horrible white powdery mess after a few winters. Pity.

http://weightweenies.starbike.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=117294&p=1018574#p1018574

pushstart

by pushstart

I have a Habanero (titanium) cross/touring frame that is built up as a disc-brake (bb7) commuter w/ 105. Not super light -- with fenders, etc. I think I am at 22lbs for the 59cm, though I don't know if I have weighed this exact configuration. Love the frame, though, and for ~$1k, relatively inexpensive (for ti, anyway). Figured I would mention it as an option if you decide to consider titanium.

CharlesM

by CharlesM

Deev wrote:How about a Lynskey? I've got a Sportive Di2C with hydraulics, mudguards (fenders) and dynamo lights. Not light, but the dynamo, lights and winter wheels add a fair amount of weight.

I ride in the UK and chose titanium as my last bike turned into a horrible white powdery mess after a few winters. Pity.

http://weightweenies.starbike.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=117294&p=1018574#p1018574

I'm in the process of building a Hydro Viale from Lynskey...

I'm blown away by the price point for a frame that has the same level of quality as more than a few bikes costing double or more the price.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Deev

by Deev

I was really impressed with the service from Lynskey, they waived the Di2 conversion charge and nothing was too much trouble. I'm not used to that level of service in the UK.

The frame looks and rides beautifully.