Campagnolo discs?

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

Miller

by Miller

mattr wrote:Its to reset/refill/top up the hydraulic circuit.
It allows for wear of the pads and heating of the fluid. Not having the piston go back past the port on the actuation side of the unit will lead to (eventually) the brake losing all power.

It's still not a problem. Just open out the brake quick releases from time to time and give the levers a few squeezes. I haven't lost any power on the brakes and I've been running them since October. They're working just fine.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

mattr

by mattr

Yeah. that'll sort the issue.
it's not ideal, but it is a functional workaround.

Guinea

by Guinea

I made the switch last night.

Released the leavers, then set the TRP to spec. When I engage the levers correctly and tighten up the barrel adjustor the brake feels good.

I only use this bike for a ~52km commute, so every day I'll release the lever and give them a pump.

This isn't ideal, but it saves me making some more expensive changes later.

Thanks!

Miller

by Miller

Yes, if you can get enough travel the brakes are very good. Don't ignore replacing the housing with a compressionless option, it made a surprisingly positive difference for me.

Miller

by Miller

Digging up an old thread, what are the options for a Campag 11-speed disc hub this year? Looking for 135mm 6-bolt hub with 11-sp cassette carrier and quick release fitment.

Valbrona
Location: United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland

by Valbrona

Mavic - but lots of other disc wheels out there in both Campag and ShimRAM flavours.

Donn12

by Donn12

I have campy chorus on my CX bike. I Had bb5s and bb7 road brakes on the bike and the brakes were garbage because of the lever pull. I switched to compressionless housing and problem solved. I have also bought a synapse disc bike and those brakes are incredible....but when campy finally has hydros I will take the shimanos off.

mvacolnago

by mvacolnago

I have been using a set of these Juin Tech R1's on my cx bike (SR-11) king/enve wheels. They are pretty amazing, close as straight hydro that I have found

http://www.edgesportsuk.com/store/index ... -road.html

Miller

by Miller

I would not want to get that Colnago dirty.
To answer my own question the likely contender is Novatec D772.

Benno

by Benno

FWIW I believe the TRP Spyre to be the best mechanical disk caliper by a long shot. Ingeniously they are dual piston and deliver a much better brake feel than any of the other single piston options.

ultimobici
in the industry

by ultimobici

Miller wrote:Digging up an old thread, what are the options for a Campag 11-speed disc hub this year? Looking for 135mm 6-bolt hub with 11-sp cassette carrier and quick release fitment.

Hope, White Industries, King R45 Disc.

bigfatty

by bigfatty

have a friend who made his own cable to hydraulic adapter. did a quick search and I see there is an actual product on the market for this. do not know how great it is but it may be an option.

http://www.cxmagazine.com/trp-parabox-h ... first-ride

sugarkane
in the industry

by sugarkane

Wtf!! Why? Such a waste of engineering. Combining all the short comings of hydro disks and cable disks in to one really heavy package...

bm0p700f
in the industry

by bm0p700f

I have record 10 speed and tektro hyrd calipers on 160mm rotors. I use compressionless casing. There is no lever throw issue i pull the lever and the brakes work very well indeed. There is enough braking torque and these brake saved my bacon earlier this year. Simply wonderful. If you do have lever pull issues it is down to the brake setup or how else i have i got mine working. I did not set mine up with the arm locked in position either.

bm0p700f
in the industry

by bm0p700f

As for campanolo compaitble disc brake hubs i have used novatec d772 but miche , hope white industries and royce do hubs too. Chris king have an over priced hub as normal.

Miche syntium is a pretty good alternative to hope i think. any shimano hub though will work with an 11 speed cassette and campanolo 11 speed. Opening up dt swiss hubs.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com